FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rob-kabobs!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Seafood Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob129

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03 07 9:27 am    Post subject: Rob-kabobs! Reply with quote

2 Pounds Jumbo Prawns
2 Pounds Sea Scallops (The biggins)
Wooden Skewers

Marinade:
1/2 cup Honey (Sue Bee)
1/2 cup in your choice of BBQ Sauce (I used jack Daniels #7)
4 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce (I used Korean, I cant stand that Kikkoman crap)
4 Tablespoons of Sweet Sherry (I used Amontillado Dry Rich)

1) Peel Prawns and de-vein em. Most of the time you can pull the vein out. If not, slice the backside and remove it that way. Clean thoroughly!
2) Cut and remove any veins or hard muscle/membrane off the Scallops, rinse thoroughly in clean water.
3) Put cleaned Scallops and Prawns in tupperware, mix up marinade and pour on top of Prawns and Scallops. Let it side overnight in the fridge.
4) When you are ready to cook, put wooden skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes. This will keep them from burning.
5) Slide the Prawns on the Skewers followed by Scallops (Alternating). (Keep the marinade! You can brush em down while they cook.)
6) Fire up the grill. Throw them on as far from the fire as you can. I added Alder wood to the lump coals for a sweet smoke taste. When the prawns are turning pink and the scallops are browning....its done...brush em down and pull em from the fire.

This took me 20 minutes to cook. Sorry no pics....they were devoured too fast. Very simple recipe, try it.
KSims1868
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01 10 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done this as well (minus the honey) and love it.
With mine I like to include bacon and onion between the seafood....maybe a bell pepper in there for some more color. We loved grilled veggies around my house.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Seafood Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: