FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ribs and Apple Pie, Turkey too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lowrider90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29 07 4:57 am    Post subject: Ribs and Apple Pie, Turkey too. Reply with quote

Second try with a brine ( the first was a disaster) for the spareribs, i did not brine the beef ribs.

6 hours in the brine, 1 cup of salt per, 1 plus gallons of water, got the water temp with lots of ice down below 32 degrees. at least my polder digital therm said so. below 32 Degrees it just reads Lo.

Anyway, pulled the ribs after six hours dried them then rubbbed them.

cooked in the smoker 250 maybe 255 at times...I was trying to push it a little due to time contraints. I did 2/1/1 with foil with both the beef ribs and spares.

They came out pretty D@# good, the 6 hours in the brine gave the ribs just enough added flavors (i do not use salt in my rubs) Just the right amount of salt for flavor for me anyway.

When I took therse pics the turkey breast was still on the smoker, the thies and wings were wrapped in cheescloth and came out pefrect.

Hope you enjoy the pics! happy New Year!

by the way, i made the pies the old fashion way...by hand all the way with lard!

http://picasaweb.google.com/lowrider91/RibsAndPies
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Markbb
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29 07 5:25 am    Post subject: Good Reply with quote

Now thats a spread it all looks good and a big ol wedge of pie with ice cream man-o-man!!!
SIMPLE Q
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29 07 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That apple pie looks fantastic!!!! So do the ribs!!

Good job
Tom C
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29 07 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that looks like great eats to me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: