FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FAT CAT MARK'S COLLARD GREENS

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Let me know what you thought of this one...
Tasty
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Ok
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

fatcatmarky
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25 05 8:00 am    Post subject: FAT CAT MARK'S COLLARD GREENS Reply with quote

These will make you wanna eat more of the green stuff, guaranteed!

12 ounce salt pork cut into 4 pieces
4 cups water
2 bunches collard greens
Bacon fat
1 Onion
1/2 TBS Garlic Salt
1/2 TSP Pepper
Salt to taste

Wash greens, remove stems and tear into pieces.

Boil water and salt pork cut into 4 for about 15 minutes to render out some flava.

While that is boiling cut up whole pack of center cut bacon and dice an onion. Put under broiler for 10 minutes.

After 15 minutes of boiling add bacon fat, and a spoon full of the bacon, onion mixture from the pan. Use the rest of the bacon and onion in some bbq beans. Add greens, reduce to medium and let simmer for 1/2 hour. Add seasonings, cover and simmer another 15 minutes until greens start to fade.

Add
chetman21161
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 17 05 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy snap, you are not going to believe this. My wife loves collards and I've never had them. She was watching FoodTV one night and saw them. She hasn't had them in years and has been buggin' me to try and make 'em. Marky, thanks, I am going to cook up a pot soon and suprise her. Laughing
fatcatmarky
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 17 05 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, its greens are some good fixin's. The foodnetwork recipe is really good too, but I like my "pot liquor" a bit thinner. When you cook them fast the smell goes away quicker also and you can simmer them for quite a while longer to infuse the flavor of the liquor into the greens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Other recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: