FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Walmart royal oak lump?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Wood and Charcoal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EGJDM

PostPosted: Jun 07 2008    Post subject: Walmart royal oak lump? Reply with quote

Hey can anyone get me walmarts item number or bar code for royal oak lump. I want to see if I can get my local walmart in montana order me some.
Tom C
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Jun 07 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up two bags today!

Item# 001680022812

@ $5.27/bag.
Hell Fire Grill
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Jun 09 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard a rumor on another forum where they smoke meat that wally world wasent gonna carry RO any more. I cant substanciate it because I wont spend my money there but you guys who have allowed the walls to run everyone else out of town and screw the workin man might wana check that out if your going to keep burning rocks, insulation and who knows what else that comes out of those bags. Some of the guys over there are loading up on the stuff so they dont run out before august.
Tom C
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Jun 09 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right on! I don't care for Wally world either but it's the only place I know of that has it in my area in good amounts. I also avoid the place if I can!
Don't worry, If China ever decides not to value it's Yen with the falling U.S. dollar, Walmart may become the priceist place in town. Laughing
PowerPig

PostPosted: Jun 10 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wally world here has stopped carrying RO, but they sell lump charcoal under the kingsford name
82's BBQ
BBQ Pro

Unfortuantely Wal-mart is the only place that i have found that sells lump charcoal in my area. That is the only reason I go there anymore. damn I just realized I drive over 10 miles ot get lump charcoal. I need to start buying in bulk.
BufordCityDawg
BBQ Super Fan

Thanks for the tip. I noticed that they were low on RO last time I was in. I guess I'll have to drop buy and stack up.

BCD
gpalasz
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Jun 12 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read on another forumn that Wally no longer carrying RO lump "I just got off the phone with Dale @ Royal Oak and spent a little time getting the truth over a few matters about the internet rumors that are completely false.
Royal Oak & Walmart are not parting ways and are in fact having a healthy relationship. The Royal Oak Hardwood Lump has been in greater demand than ever before and that is why some Walmarts are temporarily out of stock but will be getting refilled as fast as Royal Oak can supply product. The story about the dispute over paying for shelf space in the store as well as in the warehouses is FALSE.
Dale was shocked about the rumor but I told him it is probably one of the best marketing gigs to boost sales for their product.
Royal Oak also has been bagging their briquettes for Ace hardware in the Ace brand bag for years and will continue doing so. This is nothing new.
Royal Oak is also expanding it's retail market sources so that is why it is showing up in new retail locations around any given area.
It is nice to now have a connection at Royal Oak as well as Lazzari. BTW Lazzari carries the Royal Oak Briquettes for their commercial customers (Restaurants & Restaurant Suppliers) so I do not see any problems with this company closing it's doors.
Their website has been a PITA so they let it fold. Don't think because they chose not to spend money on a web site that they are hurting for cash.
I have been assured that you will be able to continue to get Royal Oak at your walmart store and if they don't have it, ask a store manager to get it in for you. I just saw a Walmart commercial a couple of days ago that had a Royal Oak BBQ on it with RO Product in the scene so That should tell you that their relationship is rock solid"
BufordCityDawg
BBQ Super Fan

Good to hear that it is a false rumor. As stated, they were low at my Wal-Mart and didn't have any at another one, but tonight there was a full pallet so I grabbed a bag and happily walked away knowing that my supply line was secure.

BCD
HarvestMoon
BBQ Super Fan

I bought their last four bags today. Very Happy
kzt7t7

PostPosted: Jun 26 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure once China figures out how to make charcoal walmart will drop RO and pick up the china brand, that's what they do with every other item.
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

In the conversation with a person at RO, Did he mention if the charcoal for wal-mart was the north American sourced wood or the tropical woods?

I just do not like the south American sourced woods for charcoal, They have a funky smell and taste to them.

Give me the good ole oak, Hickory & Maple sourced charcoals and I am a happy camper.

Kingsford!? I tried that crap once, it popped to no end, and it covered everything in the grill with crunchy meteorites.

I wonder when they are going to start making briquettes that look like lump, and are filled with coniferous wood and mineral coal
Tom C
BBQ Super Pro

Tha bags of RO lump I have from Wal-mart is the North American stuff.
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Jun 27 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom C wrote:
Tha bags of RO lump I have from Wal-mart is the North American stuff.

Good, Thank you,

If I ever get in a pinch I know I can still grab a little RO to make it through.
fordfanaw

check your local hardware store if you can't get it at wally. I checked with my local DO-It center and he ordered me the big 20lb bag for 10.95. so if you don't see it in your hardware store just ask.
Jeff_From_VA
BBQ Pro

If you care about this nation at all, you will never buy anything at Walmart. Walmart, ranks somewhere between Child Rape, and Satan, for me.

I choose to support neither.
HillbillySmoker
BBQ Pro

Im with you jeff, ill be glad when people decide to wake up and demand our country back.
OKBBQEA
BBQ Pro

I had always been happy with Royal Oak lump until the last bag I used.

I've always found the occasional piece of rock in a bag of Royal Oak but this bag had a big hunk of insulation in it.

I'm pretty sure that's not something I want to be cooking my food over. I'll probably be sticking with Ozark Oak from now on.
14.5" Weber Smokey Mountain
18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain x2
22.5" Weber Smokey Mountain
R&O Smokers Fat Girl
Ludicrous Speed Red Thermapen
necron 99
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Jun 28 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

kzt7t7 wrote:
I'm sure once China figures out how to make charcoal walmart will drop RO and pick up the china brand, that's what they do with every other item.

They already know how to make charcoal in China. Barbeques Galore carries this stuff in the Houston stores

http://www.twotreesproducts.com/product_view.asp?image=charcoal_briquets_large.jpg

At KMart you can buy BBQ Pro brand briquets that are made in China in either their 'regular' or 'instant light' varieties. I dimly remember trying a few bags of these briquets way back in the mid-90's, and never buying them again.
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Jun 29 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I would be real leary about any product used for food preperation that is sourced from China!!

I wouldn;t be a bit surprised if they mixed in human body parts or known carcinogens into charcaol from China.

Lets look at some of their recent attacks on the USA, They purposly mixed melamine into grain products used for dog foods to get the protein marker to read artificially high. It killed thousands of our beloved pets!

Aqua-dots kids toys covered in GHB (the date rape drug of choice) many kids got really farked up from that. They are little plastic spheres that when wetted stick together for 3d artwork, kids licked them to wet them and the drugs were ingested.

Kids toys knowingly covered in lead-based paint.

Sidewalk chalk with more lead in it than the bullets I use in my varmint rifle!!

Bogus colgate toothpaste which contained poisonous chemicals!

These people hate the USA, and see it as a win if they screw us up!

Be careful!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Wood and Charcoal All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: