FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP!!! Problems with new gas grill.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
starbuck1105

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27 05 4:48 am    Post subject: HELP!!! Problems with new gas grill. Reply with quote

I'm hoping that somebody can help me out here. I bought a new CharBroil Advantage Series gas grill from Lowe's as a Christmas gift for my mother. The grill in question is 45,000 BTUs and has three burners, plus a side burner/griddle.

Last night, I spent six hours assembling the grill and then went out and bought a 20lb. canister of propane today. Hooked up the propane as per the instructions and did the leak check. We then proceeded to try to ignite the grill.

Long story short, the three burners will not ignite. The electrode does spark, and appears to be properly aligned with one of the portholes in the burner.

At first, we assumed there was something wrong with the connection between the propane canister and the regulator. However, when we tried lighting the burner - which runs off an extension of the main propane line/pipe - it lights up just fine. We also tried lighting the grill using the match method and did not get any results.

At this point, I am baffled. I don't see how the side burner could be lighting, yet the main burners won't light. The propane must travel through the same line that feeds the main burners in order to get to the side burner.

I'm hoping that there are some experienced grillers and/or grill assembers out there. I spent more than $300 on this grill and I'm heading back home (8 hours away) tomorrow. I hate the idea of spending that kind of money only to leave my mother with a giant paperweight. Char-Broil's customer service number has been useless thus far.

Thanks!
JamesB
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27 05 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear that you have a blockage of some sort... Was all of the packaging removed from the hoses prior to connection? Maybe a piece of plastic or something got wedged where it shouldn't be. Most of the gas grills that I have seen with a side burner had some sort of manifold or "T" connection. One providing fuel to the side burner and one to the main burners... Disconnect everything and reconnect...

Have you called the Charbroil Customer Service line? Maybe they can help...

Also, you might want to check here http://www.grillforum.com/que/queboard/ since they seem to be more grill oriented.

Good Luck!
James.
hvac81
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19 06 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbuck1105
Did ya ever resolve the burner problem? Curious what went a-miss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Grilling All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: