FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

best deer hindquarter recipe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Other Meat Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Radical Rick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11 09 1:15 pm    Post subject: best deer hindquarter recipe? Reply with quote

Who has the best recipe? Laughing ok I know that is too subjective so I would like some pointers from some of you guys who have already had great results with your technique and chime in as to what ya did.

comments please, this will be my first. I'd like to head off any rookie mistakes that could be made and at least get another chance for someone to try my cooking! Razz

SWEET HOME ALABAMA! ROLL TIDE!
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f52/RICK0365/grill/?albumview=slideshow
Alan R. McDaniel, Jr.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22 09 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick, I did one and it is described below. There are several others in the list as well. One thing I will do different next time is that I won't do the whole ham at once. There are too many different textures of meat in a hind quarter to cook it just one way. From now on I will do the individual roasts by themsleves so that I can cook them how they should best be cooked. Good luck!

Alan
Wild West BBQ
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30 09 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I soak them for 12 to 24 hours in ice brine, rub and smoke usually 6-8 hours depending on size. I go for more of a steak type rub than what I use on butts ect. then I finish them in the oven and hold them there. Remember a small deer is the best deer for eating. So the quarters I get are usually small.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Other Meat Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: