FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backwoods Cooker Wins Bardwell,KY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandyT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20 05 10:01 pm    Post subject: Backwoods Cooker Wins Bardwell,KY Reply with quote

Hate to toot my own horn but I will. We competed in the Great Rivers BBQ Festival held in Bardwell,KY this weekend and came off with our first Grand Champion. We placed 3rd in brisket,eigth in ribs and tenth in pork. We were really suprised we did so well considering the teams that were there. Mike Ford of J-Mack cookers put together a great contest. Several teams said they had never seen such a good contest. They had a fish fry Thursday night, coffe and donuts Friday morning, sandwichs and salads at the cooks meeting and pizza Saturday evening for those who stayed over. And we won a little money to. Plus we cooked on a Backwoods Competitor and Fat Boy. It made the cook possible and go great
Randy Twyford
Ulcer Acres BBQ
Garry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20 05 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Randy! Those Backwoods do a good job.

Garry
Big Daddy
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27 05 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Randy, sounds like your Backwoods Smoker did the trick. Guys let me ask you, will the Patio unit be enough for me? I am a weekend cooker for friends and neighbors. The size is not the issue and will be fine, I just want to make sure there is not a big difference in the Patio verses the Party Unit! Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: