FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call for Burger Recipes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alien BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08 06 4:13 am    Post subject: Call for Burger Recipes Reply with quote

Hey guy’s, I am holding a Burger Class for kids on 20-21 June. It is a part of our community outreach program and Kids Kollege classes. Does any one have a good burger recipe that kids like? I have the ones that my kids like but want more. Any help would be appreciated.
DawgPhan
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08 06 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Call for Burger Recipes Reply with quote

Alien BBQ wrote:
Hey guy’s, I am holding a Burger Class for kids on 20-21 June. It is a part of our community outreach program and Kids Kollege classes. Does any one have a good burger recipe that kids like? I have the ones that my kids like but want more. Any help would be appreciated.

umm patty the meat and sprinkle some salt? Wink
Whipper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08 06 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the best burger ever a few weeks ago. I got the recipe from the Traeger cookbook, and was called "Wiseburgers". With 2 lbs. ground beef, you add:

1 Tablespoon Worcestire sauce
1/2 teaspoon beef spice rub
1 package Lipton dry onion soup mix

But here's the twist with these that just might interest you for this class. After you divide up the above ground beef mixture into 6 equal portions, you divide each portion in half and form two thin patties with it. Lay on some cheddar or swiss (or Monteray Jack would be even bettter I'd think) onto one of the patties and then lay the other pattie on top of that. Seal up the edges all around with your fingers so that you form a pattie that is actually "stuffed" with the cheese. Might make things more fun for the kids? Either that, or more disastrous. Confused

Also, you lay a strip of bacon over each raw pattie and secure with a toothpick. Although I didn't bother with the toothpicks and none of the bacon came off when I flipped them. I cut the stips in half and layed the two halves side by side on each pattie.

Not sure of the age group you're dealing with, but there was 13 and 15 year-old present and they loved them too. Be sure to let them rest a bit before bitting into them though! I told my father-in-law to do that when he brought them upstairs for me, but he didn't listen and a few people ended up wearing the cheese on their shirts because it was still liquidy and under thermal pressure and it came bursting out! Rolling Eyes

Ric
wnkt
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08 06 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently we have mixed some seasoned bread crumbs and some spices in with the meat. dont get too much bread crumbs cause they will fall apart.

The best thing you can do is something the kids can get into with their hands and get slimy/dirty/greasy. Thats the most fun part! ( for me too sometimes Very Happy ) most kids are pretty plain food eaters so I wouldnt get too fancy.
Mike Lawry
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08 06 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As bad as I hate to say this,

McDonalds

The Golden arches for the kids.

Keep it simple as Hell.
mding38926
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08 06 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta go with Dawg on the meat............ground beef, salt, fresh cracked pepper................what you could do to make it fun...is a toppings bar.........where they could add bacon, tomato, lettuce, ketchup, mustard, mayo, pickles, cheese, etc.........kids like to make their own
DawgPhan
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09 06 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mding38926 wrote:
Gotta go with Dawg on the meat............ground beef, salt, fresh cracked pepper................what you could do to make it fun...is a toppings bar.........where they could add bacon, tomato, lettuce, ketchup, mustard, mayo, pickles, cheese, etc.........kids like to make their own

yeah I would think that would be a lot of fun for the kids...just all kinds of fun stuff to put on the burgers...purple ketchup...green mustard...lots of cheese..
Mike Lawry
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09 06 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mding38926 wrote:

Now we might be on to something here. Heres a link to get ideas.

http://www.kraftfoods.com/recipes/SoupSandwiches/Hamburgers/KidsBestBurgers.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Grilling All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: