FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PlasmaCam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tac71

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22 10 8:21 pm    Post subject: PlasmaCam Reply with quote

Does anybody have one or used a PlasmaCam. I am considering buying one.Would like to be able to cut up to 1" max. Normally 1/4" will be all.
Charmglow Stainless
pyronoel
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24 10 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never used one, but checking out their website, they sure don't give much information. With the "make money in metal art" makes me think they are a Chinese junk dealer- just my $.02... and that's in deflated dollars, not yen.
azotto

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25 10 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend you look at Torchmate for a CNC table. Much better unit IMO and there customer service has always been great for me. I sold mine before it was completed due to finances but I did work on another one locally and ran mine through several "dry" runs during the construction. I had one of the 1st gen tables.

PlasmaCam is a pretty nice unit(not Chinese junk) but I think there are better units out there for the money. It's been a while since I looked around but PC had some hits in the customer service side of the business.

A plasma cutter that will do 1" clean is going to cost $$$. Look for one that has a machine torch available separately to dedicate to your table. It's a convenience thing but I don't think you would regret it. I was running a Hypertherm and used it manually for years without a hitch. My 950 would cut 7/8" clean but it was a little slow. 1/4" cut like butter all day long without ever hitting the duty cycle.

There is $$ to be made with a CNC table, a good plasma cutter and operator. I paid for my set up doing the "metal art" before the economy fell apart.
tac71

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29 10 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So has is there software compared to PlasmaCam's? I love the whole scan an image and go from there.
Charmglow Stainless
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02 10 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my friends has it on a 4' x 4' table, and I played with the software some.

It does appear to be pleasant to work with, simple enough to produce complex patterns.

If I had the money for the table, cutters etc, I'd love to have a set up.

I still work here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Welding All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: