FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bear Paw question.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJW
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02 10 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.....who's gonna make a set out of cast alumunum(for $50.00)?
Rojellio Es Caliente
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02 10 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pointy'ness does wear off. Given how pointy the tips are, and what they are made from I had no expectation whatsoever of them looking brand new forever. The pointedness will wear off a bit, and be slightly "nubby" and still just as functional.

I would like a set made of Brass.
T00lman
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02 10 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like a set made of Brass.

honest judge there for pulling my meat Shocked
#37 liar
1 wsm 18 1/2
1wsm 22 1/2
wyrman
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02 10 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind you, I wasn't complaining, just letting people know that they will curl a bit.
YODQ4U
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02 10 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife got me a set of pampered chef meat lifters. These guys are made of steel. Seems like she paid $25 awhile ago. Very strong and are great to pull pork and lift meat of the smoker. Now these things make some mark in the cutting boards.
Capt Chrysler
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09 10 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey wyrman,

Did mean to post and run. But I was out of town for a few days.

Looks like someone made those out of the wrong plastic.

Time to call customer service.

Capt, Chrysler
Dowd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01 14 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to settle this debate once and for all Smile The Bear Paws with the melted tips as shown in the pictures are an OLD VERSION of the Bear Paws. I know this because of the brown color... which is no longer available. A few years ago Bear Paw Products discontinued the brown, while simultaneously releasing the black Grizzly Bear Edition. The Grizzly Bear Edition is made of a VERY STRONG NYLON... this nylon is FDA Approved, BPA Free, Heat Resistant up to 475 * F & MUCH more durable than the material the Brown Bear Paws were made of. The Grizzly Bear Edition will never have the problems described in this thread.

Hope that settles the matter Very Happy Bear Paws are the greatest BBQ accessory on the planet and I recommend them to every BBQ enthusiast!
Tony
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01 14 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dowd wrote:
I would like to settle this debate once and for all Smile The Bear Paws with the melted tips as shown in the pictures are an OLD VERSION of the Bear Paws. I know this because of the brown color... which is no longer available. A few years ago Bear Paw Products discontinued the brown, while simultaneously releasing the black Grizzly Bear Edition. The Grizzly Bear Edition is made of a VERY STRONG NYLON... this nylon is FDA Approved, BPA Free, Heat Resistant up to 475 * F & MUCH more durable than the material the Brown Bear Paws were made of. The Grizzly Bear Edition will never have the problems described in this thread.

Hope that settles the matter Very Happy Bear Paws are the greatest BBQ accessory on the planet and I recommend them to every BBQ enthusiast!

Confused Who in He!! Are You? Rolling Eyes

Tony
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01 14 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's someone that knows about Bear Claw Products, and all is cool with that! Wink

I still work here!
Tony
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01 14 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoEzzy wrote:
He's someone that knows about Bear Claw Products, and all is cool with that! Wink

Got It, So Ezzy... Cool

Best Regards and Best Wishes to You and Family for a Happy,Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

Tony, Penny , Dean and Betsy,Too!
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01 14 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Years to those who celebrate New Year at this time, for those that celebrate it later into 2014, happy un-new year tomorrow, and happy Tet, or Chinese new year or Lunar New Year when it occurs! Wink

I still work here!
Tony
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01 14 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony wrote:
Dowd wrote:

Tony

Profound Apologies, Dowd ... Embarassed So Ezzy has clarified
the authenticity of Your post. Never know who's lurking here in these Forums and for what purpose. Wink Please ignore my previous post and forgive my poor manners.

I own (two) sets of Bear Paws/Claws and have never had a
negative issue with them.

Happy New Year Wishes to You and Family!

Best Regards,

Tony Very Happy
Dowd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01 14 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony wrote:
Tony wrote:
Dowd wrote:

Tony

Profound Apologies, Dowd ... Embarassed So Ezzy has clarified
the authenticity of Your post. Never know who's lurking here in these Forums and for what purpose. Wink Please ignore my previous post and forgive my poor manners.

I own (two) sets of Bear Paws/Claws and have never had a
negative issue with them.

Happy New Year Wishes to You and Family!

Best Regards,

Tony Very Happy

No hard feelings Tony. Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year celebration!
BigPhil32
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03 14 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife got me a pair about three years ago and I used them for a few smokes....found that two forks work just fine for us while shredding pork. And my pair did look just like the photos posted on here....the tips were "melted" a bit....but it was (wait for it.....) just the tip.... Shocked
Smoking since November of 2009...
EastTennQcrew
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09 14 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got four pair of the pullers, andthe tips have deformed some. Not enough to prevent their use. It seems to be from pulling the pork kind of fast and putting too much pressure against the bottom of the pan. But they have not melted. I have had these for nearly 5 years. Love them. And they are the older style brown ones. Getting a pair of the darker ones in the future.

I would and will buy them again in the future.

RandyE
cityevader
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09 14 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checking in after a long time away, and the first post I see is about the Bear Paws.

What I want to know is, any new products that have a "knife" on the outermost paws? (I started a thread way back when about this idea)
To be more specific, whilst holding the meat cross grain with one paw, it SURE would be nice to have a very mildly sharp plastic edge with which to "slice" PP. It really wouldn't take much of an edge either.

The edge I'm talking about would be the one that what would touch the table if you were holding it and setting it down like a coffee mug...that edge needs to be a wee bit "sharp".

To make the ° temperature symbol, hold the Alt key while typing 248 on keypad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: