FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm looking for a higher capacity stuffer..............

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22 11 3:03 am    Post subject: I'm looking for a higher capacity stuffer.............. Reply with quote

That can handle 18-20mm snack-stick sheep casing without needing 2 men and a boy just to crank the handle!

Anyone using the dakotah water stuffer? I would like to build a water powered stuffer, but I do not have a machine shop at my disposal.

Doing 40-50 pound batches of 18mm sticks through my 5# capacity stuffer is not fun for me or the stuffer, I think it's usable life has come to an end, the gears did not break, but it is skipping a tooth now and again, and that makes life a little difficult.

I do not want to spend several thousand dollars on a stuffer going into my slower season.

I tried the 15# capacity stuffer from gander, and that got returned the next day it was so difficult to use.

what are you guys using that does sticks nice and has a larger capacity?
Kevin P
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22 11 6:57 am    Post subject: High Capacity Stuffer Reply with quote

Hard to beat the hydro-powered Kirby cannon. I love mine. he makes several sizes. Mine will hold about 11 pounds. One-man operation with both hands free to make the sausage. Kirby's a nice guy & will build to suit—or give you the parts list & let you build it. Mine included about 6-7 nozzle attachments of various diameters so I can crank out huge links or small stix.

He also builds bigger sizes, up to about 30lb loads...
See his post (with videos) here as he cranks out 100+ pound of SS:
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=23583.0
tacklebox
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22 11 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 lb. with a gear reduction/2 speeds for easier/faster cranking at one of my favorite places for all things meat processing. Under $200. Free shipping on orders over $100 through November 30th.

11 lb. Stuffer
Twisted Evil Pompous Ass Bigoted LIAR #69 Twisted Evil
SmokenDevo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22 11 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kirby Cannon is the best stuffer hands down. I love mine also.
30pluss lbs. Kirby Cannon
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23 11 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tacklebox wrote:
11 lb. with a gear reduction/2 speeds for easier/faster cranking at one of my favorite places for all things meat processing. Under $200. Free shipping on orders over $100 through November 30th.

11 lb. Stuffer

Have you used the 10mm horn on yours yet? The 15# capacity stuffer I tried absolutely not do small diameter casings. And sheep casings are 99% of my product right now.

Can someone PM me with Kirby's contact info? I do not belong to the Bradley forums. Thanx
laxmaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30 11 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just bought the new dual speed from LEM in the 10 pound version (25 # available also)...although I do not do small diameter ssgs so i cant speak to that aspect, this is Awesome for what I use it for...and being only a 10 pound, i think it would prolly do just fine with the small diameters...i really like the solid construction and gearbox...
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30 11 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke with Kirby, got some pricing, but I am still undecided. For the capacity that I want, the length of the stuffer will be problematic. Apparently the wide diameter tubing has some quality issues from the manufacturer and he must go longer to get a decent capacity.

I am going to give him another call, to see if a 90-degree elbow can be added so I can have a vertical floor standing stuffer to keep more my counter space free. At this point, I am doing batches in excess of 40 pounds at least once/week. A coil of 18mm sheep casings takes up a whole bunch of room.
kylemorley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13 11 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So any informed opinions on how the Kirby and the Dakotah compare?

The Dakotah has some nice custom molded parts which might make it a bit easier to use and clean, but I will probably go with the Kirby just because I have a lot of pvc fittings lying around, and can DIY it.
fatboy240

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12 12 12:25 am    Post subject: kirby cannon Reply with quote

how does one get in touch with this fellow kirby, would love to get some priceing and info
Kevin P
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12 12 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: kirby cannon Reply with quote

fatboy240 wrote:
how does one get in touch with this fellow kirby, would love to get some priceing and info

Best way: via email

kirby_campbell@yahoo.com
fatboy240

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12 12 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much, my eyes arw going buggy from so much reading, love all the info and people on here,
TSMODIE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16 12 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i USE THE DAKOTA STUFFER, and it works great, it only holds 9 lbs, but reloads easily, once the meat is gone, turn off the water source and open the drain valve and the piston retracts on its own, i stuffed 50 lbs of 18mm sticks last weekend and the stuffing took about 30 minutes,I am really happy with the dakota, just make sure the drain hose is at least 2 feet below the stuffer,Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Sausage Making All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: