FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Perfect Boston butts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18 12 10:40 pm    Post subject: Perfect Boston butts Reply with quote

I smoke A LOT of meat, sometimes all at one smoking. I have smoked one trimmed boston butt on my small smoker and I have smoked 350lbs of whole boston butts(feeding close to 700 ppl) on my big smoker. I have been doing this for many yrs but don't consider myself an expert at it, i'm still learning as we all are. I have several sized smokers, ALL of which have propane burners in them. My Big smoker measures 4ftx8ftx4ft(deep) and has a 8ft pipe burner that I built myself to go under the Red Oak wood that I use. I have 2 medium sized smokers, about 4ftx3ftx3ft which has a burner and a small Vertical smoker 20inx16inx4ft which also has a burner. I smoked for many years with no burner, just firewood, but have realized over the past few years that a burner makes controlling the temp so much easier.(Esp when cooking a large amt of meat).I cut slits in the butt & use only a dry rub of Cavender's Greek seasoning applied 24hrs beforehand (and put in a refrig). I take the meat out 2 hrs before smoking to let it warm up. I smoke ALL MY MEAT at 300 deg. 1 hr/lb. I smoke to 180 for sliced and 195 for pulled pork and While smoking, I spray on a mixture of Vinegar and Wosh. sauce to keep the meat moist. Try it sometime, You'll love this Old Louisiana Recipe.... For pipe burner instructions go to "Tejas Smokers .com" or call and ask for James Hogue. Thank You
9x9 Cypress Smokehouse with a Dirt Floor, 8'x4'x4' Steel Smoker with 8ft Pipe Burner, 2- 3'x3'x4' steel smokers with 4 ft pipe burners, 20"x 36" Steel Smoker Propane Fired, I Make and Smoke my own Sausage & Hams.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Pork Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: