FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WBS Build

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fisherfrk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12 12 4:51 am    Post subject: WBS Build Reply with quote

I have been thinking about building one of those gorgeous Whiskey Barrel Smokers for a while. I have found a source for barrels @ around $50-60. It sounds like a good deal. Those of you who have made a WBS, are you pleased with them? Would you build another? Do they hold up after a lot of burns? How important is a water sync in the bottom of the barrel? How difficult is it to keep these barrels hydrated?

Enough questions for now. If any of you have built one, I would like to get your opinion.

Webber 22.5"
ECB
Triple Barrel Smoker
"Mower BBQ Please UDS"
3 other UDS
1 BBQ Guru that I love
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12 12 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fisherfrk, I have never built one but from what I have read keeping the barrels hydrated is the hardest part of the cooker maintenance. In my opinion they are great conversation pieces but not worth the effort to maintain as a cooker. I believe Canadian Bacon turned his into planters.
I hope this helps. Smile

Hybrid Cooker
fisherfrk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12 12 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, KAM. I was afraid that might be the answer. They just look so nice. . . Oh well, because I don't weld, I look for other ways of creating smokers. I like my UDS collection, not real thrilled with my Triple, but thought a WBS would fit the bill.

I just may have to break down and learn to weld, though I fear the virus that may go with that. My wife already thinks I have way to many cookers, so. . . Very Happy Shocked

Webber 22.5"
ECB
Triple Barrel Smoker
"Mower BBQ Please UDS"
3 other UDS
1 BBQ Guru that I love
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: