FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salmon dip recipe anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Seafood Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PDXsmoker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10 05 3:41 am    Post subject: Salmon dip recipe anyone? Reply with quote

I had this incredible dip it was like a cream cheese with salmon in it blended nice and creamy. Anyone have any ideas on how to make this? Is it as simple as putting salmon in cream cheese and blending it? Thanks in advance! Oh if I get the recipe, I will post it here its a good one.
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10 05 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make a smoked salmon mouse and it is not that hard to do. A food processor is almost a must. I add some fresh dill weed (1 tbsp) and a ratio of 3/4 cream cheese to 1/4 mayo. A bit of lemon juice, a tbsp. or two rounds out the flavour and helps with the consistancy. You can add any seasonings you want to make it your own.
LIAR #100
PDXsmoker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10 05 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THATS IT!! Thanks roxy, I figured you would have the answer Wink
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10 05 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh gee, I dont know if I like that or not. I got a huge s--t kickin the other day for having an opinion.

Enjoy my friend. If you can get it where you live. Try to buy some wild salmon from B.C. Look for the dark red flesh, I think it makes the best smoked salmon, not sure what type it is.
LIAR #100
PDXsmoker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11 05 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO NO lol I like your recipe advise! I know I was a bit sensitive at first to your opinions but now I understand where you are coming from so I have no problems with your opinions! I just meant that I was thinking you would have a recipe for it, and I think you were right on the money.

B.C. salmon, yes. I hate farmed salmon and always look for wild salmon. It just gets so damned expensive here! $20 lb!! Evil or Very Mad I have found a few for under $5 excluding chum lol
Steve-O
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11 05 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think smoked salmon, green onion, and cream cheese would be fine. Add any spices as you see fit, but the above will get kudo's.

I smoke crappie and make the dip above, substituting the smoked crappie for the salmon. First time I ate it my tongue slapped me for holding out on him!
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11 05 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve-O:

Your right about the green onion, it does add a nice touch.

What do crappies taste like, dont think we have them up here, not that I have heard of anyways. Bout all we have swimming here are Bass, Walleye, Pike, Musky, Perch, Whitefish and the all Salmon family in the Great lakes.
I once caught a King Salmon that weighted 45 lbs but it tasted like cardboard.
LIAR #100
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Seafood Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: