FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brinkmann Cimmaron Deluxe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob129

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04 07 3:02 am    Post subject: Brinkmann Cimmaron Deluxe Reply with quote

What is everyones opinion of this smoker. Things to look out for or possible improvements, I just bought one from Bass Pro Shops. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Mark H
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04 07 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of those.
I had to get a firebox grate to get the fire up so ash wouldn't choke the fire out. I went to a fireplace store, and they had exactly what I needed, after a little hacksaw work. The wire grate that came with the cooker is poor.

I also had to get a drill to clean out the gas holes in the turkey fryer attachment. Most of them were plugged with foundry sand or something like that.

I also needed some fittings to hook up the propane bottle. I didn't get what I needed with the cooker, and I bought the cooker out of state, so going back wasn't an option. I don't think I needed $10 worth, the lady at the hardware store knew just the right stuff.
I also needed a propane bottle, and propane.

I really like the cooker. Lots of guys here think it's small, but this is my big cooker. I am pleased with the meat that comes off it. I thought about adding a tuning plate, but actually, I like the hot spot next to the firebox. That turns out to be a sweet spot for browning chicken, my chicken never has rubbery skin.
When I bought it, I didn't think I would ever fry a turkey, but that's the way it came. It turns out the turkey fryer gets used quite a bit, to fry chicken.
I have a cast iron dutch oven that fits the fryer, and I fry chicken outside. This is the hot set-up. I can fry chicken till the cows come home, and never have to worry about the house smelling like a grease pit. Everybody likes my fryed chicken. So far the dogs in the neighborhood have stayed away.
1st thing is to get a firebox grate. Then you can cook. The other stuff can come later.

Mark H

P.S. I also made a set of long handles like wheelbarrow handles, to move the thing around. Otherwise, there's really nothing to grab onto.
Rob129

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05 07 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Thanks for the reply and the information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: