FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More meat in cooker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerryA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10 05 3:30 pm    Post subject: More meat in cooker Reply with quote

How can I make it so I can fit more meat in my smoker. I have the bar-b-chef offset smoker from bbq galore and was wondering if it was possible to have two sets of grates for cooking meat(top and bottom) And if it is possible to rig up something like that, would all the meat cook the same if the cooker is filled to capacity?

I was able to fit 6 slabs of baby backs, but no more room for any thin else. I'm thinking that with two levels, I can fit enough meat for a big party. Anyone have any ideas?
allsmokenofire
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10 05 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try rib racks if your trying to cook more ribs.

http://www.barbecue-store.com/non-stickultimateribrack.htm
jimc11

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10 05 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rib racks...but that is for mainly just ribs. For another grate, get some all-thread rod, fender washers, nuts, another grate..You should be able to figure out the rest. If you cant I can get some pics for you however it will be a couple weeks as my small cooker is out on loan now. I have a double grate in mine (Brinkman profesional offset same basic thing as what you have I think) I can fit about 8-10 pork butts on it...
Alien BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11 05 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two racks will work, just remember that you wont be able to get to the bottom rack as easy. I use a mustard bottle filled with my spice juice to aim and shoot on to the meat that is out of reach.
JerryA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11 05 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the info. I think if I have a big party I'm going to have to try something like that. The idea of all thread is great, we have lots of all thread rods and nuts/washers at work, I'll have to try it. Thanks!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: