FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Klose pitts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimc11

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08 05 11:35 pm    Post subject: Klose pitts Reply with quote

Thining of purchasing a new cooker for doing partys/competition. Ran accross a guy who owns a Klose pitt...Man it was sweet..I have never seen a cooker that holds such an even temp over a large area...He had like 6 or 8 therm on it and they varied by less than 2deg....So are they worth the money? This will be used to make money not just a backyard pitt (already have several of those and the wife thinks Im nuts for getting another one)
OkieJay
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08 05 11:58 pm    Post subject: Klose pits Reply with quote

I have never owned one, but everything I have ever read about the Klose pit and the Klose people has been very positive.

The only negative thing I have read, the buyer always ends up wishing they had bought a bigger Klose.
smoke jumper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10 05 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jim, try chcecking out Gator Pits also. My new Gator will ship on Friday Cool I looked at them both and I chose Gator. You can't go wrong with either one.

SJ
zilla
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11 05 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jim, I agree with smokejumper I looked at both klose and Gator and found them both to be super quality. Both Ritch at Gator and David at Klose are very friendly, helpful folks. I choose Gator because I felt they were a bit more accommodating in making changes and making a true custom pit for me. Klose has stock pits that can be modified and Gators are all one off customs. Both are top quality and fairly competivly priced but you need to really dig in and search the details on the sites to get a feel for how they differ. Give em a call... best Zilla
CHRIS 1237
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11 05 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jim i have been looking at getting a new pit for some time now still neeed more money Mad and I think that klose gator and lang are some of the best made pits out there. Also bbq chef paul kirk uses a klose.
jimc11

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11 05 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In comparing them Klose seems to be more what I am looking for. The Gators are a very close second...I have not priced either with the options I want on them...I dont have the money yet and after some of the things that happened recently I might not for about a year..I am going for a large scale model (to feed 300-500) people..If things grow a little more than expected may even for a bigger model. The problem is I dont want a cooker for 2000 when I only need to cook for 150...Decisions decisions...Now if only I could get the cash...but with 4 kids that may take a while longer than expected...Ill keep cooking on my small one and my custom built 15year old cooker...
adolpho
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12 05 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're ever in the Austin, TX area, there's a place in Buda that builds good pits. It's a welding shop called Wiley's. I got mine from him a few months ago and have been very happy.
Here's his website http://myjobisthepits.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: