FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moonie's Texas Barbecue.. here we go!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MooniesBBQ
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu May 17 12 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some new construction going on. We ripped out half of the kitchen because the wood floor was warping and cracking the tile. It's now all concrete in the kitchen, the new smokehouse area behind the garage door, and our new outdoor deck! The guys will there tomorrow putting down new tile in the kitchen. We picked a dark brown to match the rest of the building. We will put a brick "half" wall around the deck and a gate on the ramp we built in. The half wall will be built so we can someday put a roof on the deck.

The area around the building will have an Oyler 700. Things are moving fast.

Moonie

http://www.mooniestexasbarbecue.com
qfanatic01
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu May 17 12 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you're doing so well! Also sounds like you have the right kind of problems, out growing your place faster than you can adjust. Good for you. I think the biggest trick is to get it to run without you there. Then you get a break and pay the bills??? Some day! Then if you own that building the rent is your retirement income. That's my 401K package. Now I just need to find a building and a bank that will finance it.
Poppa's PTL Club
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01 12 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buzz has been great, so I stopped in today for lunch. To be perfectly frank, I had my doubts about the location, but Moonie has made it work.

The brisket is every bit as good as advertised and the sides (I had the creamed corn and the potato salad) have been simplified in the best kind of way. Both were excellent

If you're a brisket guy and live around here, it's worth the trip.

Nice to see you again Jason. Your success has softened my wife's stance on opening a place, so I owe you one Wink
MooniesBBQ
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23 12 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poppa's PTL Club wrote:
The buzz has been great, so I stopped in today for lunch. To be perfectly frank, I had my doubts about the location, but Moonie has made it work.

The brisket is every bit as good as advertised and the sides (I had the creamed corn and the potato salad) have been simplified in the best kind of way. Both were excellent

If you're a brisket guy and live around here, it's worth the trip.

Nice to see you again Jason. Your success has softened my wife's stance on opening a place, so I owe you one Wink

Ted it was good seeing you again. Thanks for the compliments I'm constantly trying to improve everything we have and how we operate. I've got 10 employees now and we are just continuing to explode. I've met several of your coworkers in the last week, thanks for sending them!

Our sauce should finally be bottled on Monday. I'll update this thread with a lot more happenings in a couple days. Lots going on.

Moonie

solaryellow
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23 12 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far are you from Alpharetta Moonie? My HP storage rep is taking me and one of my employees there for a demo of their 3Par storage system and we need a good restaurant to eat at our first night in town.
Paddy O'Furniture

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27 12 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solaryellow wrote:
How far are you from Alpharetta Moonie? My HP storage rep is taking me and one of my employees there for a demo of their 3Par storage system and we need a good restaurant to eat at our first night in town.

Not trying to speak for Moonie but Flowery Branch is a pretty good drive from Alpharetta. If you decide not to head that way, I can recommend some places in Alpharetta that will curb your BBQ appetite. I don't want to derail the thread, so just shoot me a PM if I can be of assistance.
MooniesBBQ
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27 12 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solaryellow, we are a good distance away. Probably 35-45 minute drive on a good day. Have fun in Atlanta!

Moonie

solaryellow
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29 12 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn. Thanks guys!
Poppa's PTL Club
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29 12 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MooniesBBQ wrote:
Solaryellow, we are a good distance away. Probably 35-45 minute drive on a good day.

It's actually not that bad, but Moonie isn't open in the evenings during the week right now (unless I'm mistaken).

Try Mama's Pizza in Alpharetta, they have the best pizza in the Atlanta area
www.mamaspizzaalpharetta.com/

PM me if you want other suggestions, there are plenty of pretty good places in the area.
MooniesBBQ
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12 12 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my sauce in! We are selling these for $8.95/bottle or $24.95 for a set of three. Really happy with the way they turned out. Hillside orchards did a fantastic job on them.

Moonie

Oregon smoker
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12 12 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MooniesBBQ wrote:
Got my sauce in! We are selling these for $8.95/bottle or $24.95 for a set of three. Really happy with the way they turned out. Hillside orchards did a fantastic job on them.

Moonie

Very nice!
#3 LIAR
MooniesBBQ
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18 12 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cody(from heirloom market BBQ) and I are at J&R manufacturing in mesquite checking out the oylers. We got a tour of the factory and threw on some briskets and butts last night. This morning we put on ribs chicken and sausage.

Will post pics when I get back to Atlanta.

Moonie

camdentom
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18 12 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's got to be a good sign. Look forward to the pics.
MooniesBBQ
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23 12 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, got back from Dallas last thursday. We had a great time. The oyler really is something special. We cooked brisket and butts over night at 225. We went in the next morning at 8am and they still had about 2 hours to go. The pit we cooked on has been in their test kitchen for 8 years and looked brand new still. The briskets came out really nice, with a good smoke ring. We left them on a little too long, but they were still very tender and moist. We tossed on some chicken, ribs and sausage to finish up the morning. We cut the spares down to a st. louis cut and we also did some baby backs. Cranked the oyler up to 250 and waited for about 3 hours. Ribs came out awesome.

Below is the new site plan for building out the currently unused garage into a new smokehouse/to-go area. Working on getting the property line moved and involving the fire marshall and health department this week.

Moonie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to: