FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions on a commercial, wood-burning smoker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chornbeck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30 13 8:09 pm    Post subject: Suggestions on a commercial, wood-burning smoker Reply with quote

I am moving and have to leave my brick pit behind... I would like to buy a commercial smoker that replicates most of the best qualities of the brick pit, while remaining somewhat portable. Cost isn't much of an issue, but I don't need it to hold more than 1/4 pig...

The setup I'm used to is a direct heat pit, grates about 32" above the coals. I burn the wood down in a separate burn barrel and shovel the coals into a door in the bottom of the pit. I much prefer the direct method to indirect, but the reality is that most smokers I see on the market are indirect smokers.

So, is there a type of commercial smoker that fits this profile? Any type that maybe is self-contained, replicating the burn barrel/direct heat experience? I'm only interested in using wood, and I'd like to avoid indirect cooking if at all possible. If it's such that I still need a burn barrel and would have to choose a smoker that would be easy to side-load with coals without removing the grates/meat, that would be cool as well...
Travis_Creek
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30 13 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We fabricate indirect smokers with our standard line. They have a grill option that would accomidate your needs. We also fabricate straight grills that would work perfect. Our website is dppits.com. I can certainly design and fabricate a unit to fit your needs. My number is 214-471-4690 if you would like to discuss.
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01 13 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chornbeck, Travis can make what ever you need. Very Happy

Hybrid Cooker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: