FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Horror fans?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheTony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08 13 4:22 pm    Post subject: Any Horror fans? Reply with quote

I grew up on horror movies, Godzilla, and martial arts flicks (along with the myriad of awesome 80s/early 90s Saturday morning cartoons). Still love em all, but my love of horror has definitely grown greater over the years.

Recently caught the new Evil Dead. I dreaded it going in...but for absolutely no reason. It was fun, gruesome, and much darker than I expected.

Anyone else? Horror movies, books, comics, art, and so on?
ArnoldZiffel
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08 13 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love horror movies. But with the high cost of going to the movies, I wait until the movie is on DVD or PPV. The exception is a "Dead" movie by George Romero. Gotta see it at the theater.

AZ

Also The Walking Dead is one of three shows I record.
Pit Boss Ser 4
tinovr
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08 13 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the first season of FX's American Horror Story. Great show.
Canadian Bacon
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09 13 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant wait for Season 4 of the Walking Dead....I am a big fan of Horror.
Napoleon Legend Gasser
20"& 26" Discada
Two of the fastest Thermapens ever made ... Black& Blue
LIAR #25
lantern
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09 13 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Horror fans? Reply with quote

TheTony wrote:
I grew up on horror movies, Godzilla, and martial arts flicks (along with the myriad of awesome 80s/early 90s Saturday morning cartoons). Still love em all, but my love of horror has definitely grown greater over the years.

Recently caught the new Evil Dead. I dreaded it going in...but for absolutely no reason. It was fun, gruesome, and much darker than I expected.

Anyone else? Horror movies, books, comics, art, and so on?

I think we grew up with the same life! LOL!!

Horror movies check-The omen, exorcist, Friday the 13th, The grudge and several of the zombie movies made the last 10 years(28 days later, Dawn of the dead) And Bruce campbell ruled in evil dead 2 and army of darkness!!!!!

Comics check.....yeah my screen-name

photography check- landscapes and wildlife/birds/flowers

cartoons- GI joe, transformers, He-man. Saturday mornings were filled with 6am at my paw paw's waiting for the troybuilt commercials to go off waiting for underdog, klondike cat, Go Go gophers, tennessee tuxedo and the rest to come on.

Sports-football, basketball, tennis, golf, auto racing(big F1 fan) I like to win...what can I say.

BBQ....I'm a big boy from the NC...nuff said

Guns- Handguns(1911's)

I'm a nerd for everything I like. I obsess about the details of every little thing from sports to BBQ to comics and cartoons......and luckily other things or else I'd not have a woman to put up with my goofy butt! Laughing Laughing
Mike Lawry
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10 13 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im old school horror fan. Wolfman, Frankenstien black + white etc.
I get my fill of horror, halloween week + on svengoolie Sat. nights.

Mike Lawry.
TheTony

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11 13 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Arnold I too am a sucker for the Dead movies. I have a pal who got to act in Romero's Diary. He was a zombie, but loved it. He met some cool people via that tiny role. Lucky b@$###d.

@Tinovr and Canadian Bacon I definitely dig both of those. I am especially looking forward to American Horror Story: Coven.

@Lantern Yes! Yes! Yes! I am the same way, about just about everything you listed. Maybe I could pick your mind a bit about firearms? I need some help with a few things I'm working on.

@Mike I enjoy a lot of the classics, too. I think Wolfman might be one of the best early horror flicks of all-time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: