FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two More Hatch Chile Cooks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griffin
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20 13 8:23 pm    Post subject: Two More Hatch Chile Cooks Reply with quote

These are probably the last two I'll do for awhile. Sunday, I cooked up a batch of Hatch Chile Pork Stew. Not sure if it was traditional, just kind od cobbled together a few recipes. Used 5 mild and 4 hot Hatch and 3 serranos, some tomatillos, 3lbs of pork, two onions, some cilantro and a few other things. Some parts got cooked on the Egg and some got cooked inside (boiling water is best done indoors)

Roasted the chilies and peppers

Browned the pork

Dumped it all in a dutch oven and onto the Egg it went, 350F and hung out for close to two hours

Served it up with a cold beer and garnished with Cotija cheese, sour cream, cilantro, tortilla strips and a lime. Also had some fresh Hatch flour tortillas on the side.

Last night, Mrs. G wanted a burger and happy wife = happy life, not to mention I like burgers.

Took some of the leftover stew from Sunday, pulled the pork out of it and put it on the burger along with some Havarti cheese.

Pretty darn tasty, but messy burger.

The butcher at Central Market told me they are wrapping up Hatch Chile on Wednesday. I'm ok with that, ready to move onto something else, but I do have three lbs at home that I need to roast and freeze to get me through the rest of the year. Guess I know what I am doing after work. Smile
Cheech
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23 13 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow looks great
Kurt_W
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23 13 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember back a few/many yrs around the sides of the hiways around Las Cruces there'd be more'n a few red chiles this time a yr on the side of the road
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Grilling All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: