FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have/use the Weber 2290 rotisserie kit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bootlegguy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10 13 12:46 pm    Post subject: Anyone have/use the Weber 2290 rotisserie kit? Reply with quote

I've been eyeing up this kit for a while. I think I'm going to break down and order it. Anyone have anything good or not good to say about this kit for my 22.5" OTS kettle. The kettle works so well so unless they really dropped the ball I want to imagine it works great.
MacEggs
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10 13 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have one, but, I have not heard anything bad about any rotisserie used on a Weber kettle.

Maybe look on Kijiji for your area before getting a new one.
This time of year, people might want to get rid of them ...
You could also find another deal on a used Weber kettle. Smile Wink

The cookers (so far).
Some Weber kettles of various age, color and size
UDS & Mini UDS
Abby Normal ECB
Napoleon Propane Grill
bootlegguy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11 13 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father is pretty crafty with metal. I was thinking about getting another kettle and getting him to modify it for me. But then I would have a second kettle to store and I won't always have as much space as I do now. I'll keep and eye peeled for one. I'd hate to pay $200 full retail.
71ragtop
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11 13 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here ya go bootleg
http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2290-2-Inch-Charcoal-Rotisserie/dp/B00004VWM1/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378843048&sr=8-1&keywords=weber+2290
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11 13 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one us it alot no problems that I can think of any ? shoot me a P.M
#37 liar
1 wsm 18 1/2
1wsm 22 1/2
BBcue-z
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11 13 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve had mine for a couple of years and I love it. I got on Craig’s list for $50 Very Happy
Free Image Hosting
It really makes the Kettle more versatile and gives more cooking options. I’ve been looking for a second set for my other Weber so I could Rotis on 2 grills at the same time. I can’t justify paying full price for it either. I don’t know why it cost more than the grill itself Question Question Confused
If you know some one who can make you a ring, then you’d be all set. You can pick up a Rotis spit and motor set from any store for under $25.
bootlegguy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11 13 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have a motor, spit rod and claws from a rotisserie that I was using on my gasser before I saw the light.
The PPP
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11 13 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one and have great results with chicken and Rib Roast. It's great i love it! You won't be dissapointed get one.

2 Weber Smokey mountains 18, 22.5
1 Weber smokey Joe
Skidder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11 13 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I did. I found a 27" Masterbuilt charcoal grill for $29.00 at Home Depot but nobody makes a roto for a 27" grill so I made my own out of 10" wide sheet metal. My buddy gave me the roto parts for free but you can find a universal one for about $25.00. Now I have a 27" rotisserie that cooks the hell outta turkeys for a total cost of less than fifty dollars. I also own a 22" OTG with the roto set up. love them both. I guess what I'm trying to say is you can make one for 1/4 to 1/3 the price if you have the means.

katman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12 13 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using one for many years. works fine but it is not a tight fit so leaks a lot of air. Bought a cajun bandit kit earlier this year to use on a second kettle and on my wsm. very nicely made and has nice tight seal.
Skidder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13 13 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

katman wrote:
I have been using one for many years. works fine but it is not a tight fit so leaks a lot of air. Bought a cajun bandit kit earlier this year to use on a second kettle and on my wsm. very nicely made and has nice tight seal.

It does seem strange that a big company like Weber can't or won't make a rotisserie ring that actually fits but a small company like Cajun Bandit and for that matter myself can.
Cal-B-Que
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14 13 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had one for about 20 years, that I use on a weber performer. Before getting into smoking, I used it occasionally for ribs or turkey, and it worked great.

But now that I am into smoking I rarely use it. I prefer to cook ribs or turkey (spatch-cocked) on a smoker. The only thing that I have used the rotisserie for recently is leg of lamb for Gyros.

Though it works fine, I would not buy one again, in favor of using the smoker.

Weber Smokey Mountain
Chargriller Akorn Kamado Kooker
Chargriller Pro
Weber Performer
Lodge Logic Hibachi Grill
bootlegguy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12 14 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Just to revive an old thread. I thought I would drum this back up to say I sucked it up and bought this kit and have been very happy with it. It's been great. I have not yet tried doing 2 chickens at the same time, but I do have a second skewer set so I don't so any reason why it wouldn't. I've also thought about doing a Turkey one weekend.

Anyways the birds are coming out beautiful, incredibly flavourful and quick. I'm used to bbq'ing a bird in 90-100 mins and I can easily get a bird up to 170 degrees in 60 mins with this. It makes it much easier to get lots of use out of it when you can use it on a weekday, arriving home from work with an appetite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: