FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electric cabinet smoker build questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pocket

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06 13 9:12 am    Post subject: Electric cabinet smoker build questions Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I have wanted to build a larger smoker for quite a time now and cruzing kijiji finally paid off yesterday! I purchased a commercial stationary cabinet for an office, measures 20" deep, 42" tall and 36"wide with double doors for $20. So my plan is to insulate the cabinet with glass pack insulation ( my friend owns a performance exhaust company) and then build a metal box inside that. I am going to weld an overlap on the door and make sure they seal well. And then angle iron mounts up the sides and expanded metal grates. For heat I am going to use a 2000watt electric element and PID controller.

Here are my questions:
Thought on an intake size. I was think 3"x8" with a slide adjuster?

And exhaust, top, middle, 4" diameter stack about 6" tall.

And I was going to use a tray for chips/chunks on the 2000watt element... Is this a good idea with the PID , or should I rig up a smoker generator.

And thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated... Once I get rolling I will be sure to post the build.

Thanks
-Pockets
mike333h

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06 13 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure as for the rest of the build but my $.02 on the smoke would be to just use a smoke generator. Especially if you plan on making sausages. I know it is a P.I.T.A to get smoke going on my elect smoker at lower temps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: