FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So Did Everyone Jump OFF The BBQ Bandwagon?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyChef
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 12 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, jeepdad. I really appreciate being home again! Catfish was (is) a cool dude - I liked his outlook on things, even if he did get a little confused at times:

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32840&highlight=

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32737&highlight=
Mr. Mojo Risin'
BBQ Pro

I'm still around, occasionally. I've been so busy with work the past few years and trying to do bbq gigs on the side. I can't tell you the last time I did a simple smoke at home for myself. And now this girlfriend is sucking up all my remaining free time.

I don't make mistakes...just understandable bad choices.

Oklahoma Joe's Longhorn Smoker
ProBBQ Excel 20
Smokin Mike
BBQ Super Pro

ckone wrote:
I think Life happened to many people here. I know I don't get to cook or post as much as I used to.

This! ^^^^ I haven't been around in over a year or maybe longer. Bad economy, the losing of one's job, scratching in the dirt to keep the lights on kinda puts bbq on the back shelf. Not sure if that's the situation for most folks but it can sure get real at times. Hope to be a bit more active here now that things are looking brighter.
necron 99
BBQ Super Pro

phil c wrote:

A lot of folks could be like me as well, I took a break from the whole internet thing for several months just to "get my mind right"

I took a year or so off myself, got back into things finally around memorial Day last year. I lurk more than post these days though, but sometimes I can't resist jumping into an interesting thread.

Canadian Bacon wrote:
Still here but this winter has been absolutely brutal so far....and my old bones can't
take the cold like they used too....but were all still here.Glad to see you dropping in for a visit Chef. Very Happy

+1 from me on both counts. Thanks to the Polar Vortex, I can now say I've experienced -17°F ambient temperature with -40°F wind chill. We got up to 38°F here today, positively balmy compared to earlier this week!

Coldest temperature in South & Central Texas I ever experienced was 6°F back in the freakish winter of '83-'84. Now on the hot side, I've been in ambient temperatures up to 125°F in Texas in the '90's.
roxy
BBQ All Star

Still here as well Phil. For me, I have kinda lost my BBQ Mojo having seperated from my beautiful Swedish wife last spring. She was my inspiration.
I have lost almost 60 lb since April and dont have much desire to eat let alone cook BBQ just for myself.
I have smoked a couple chickens through the summer but we have all seen a smoked chicken before.
LIAR #100
CrazyChef
Site Admin

I hear ya, Roxy. Cooking for one after being used to cooking for two can be depressing enough (I've been there, buddy). But the amount of time involved in cooking BBQ just seems kinda empty when there is no-one to share it with. Things'll get better with time.
Tony
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Jan 13 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

roxy wrote:
Still here as well Phil. For me, I have kinda lost my BBQ Mojo having seperated from my beautiful Swedish wife last spring. She was my inspiration.
I have lost almost 60 lb since April and dont have much desire to eat let alone cook BBQ just for myself.
I have smoked a couple chickens through the summer but we have all seen a smoked chicken before.

HEY...Was wondering when You were going to surface again! Shocked Laughing
Sometimes a door closes...depends what side of the door you're on and what side You NEED to be on. Wink

YOU hold the Key to the lock that opens the door to the side You need to be on. We've spoken about this---

Now get back on Your horse , charge out of the stable and
pick up on what you do best...Creating the Barbeque dishes and stickys we all have come to know and love! Cool

Best Regards,

Tony Wink Cool Very Happy
roxy
BBQ All Star

Tony wrote:
roxy wrote:

HEY...Was wondering when You were going to surface again! Shocked Laughing
Sometimes a door closes...depends what side of the door you're on and what side You NEED to be on. Wink

YOU hold the Key to the lock that opens the door to the side You need to be on. We've spoken about this---

Now get back on Your horse , charge out of the stable and
pick up on what you do best...Creating the Barbeque dishes and stickys we all have come to know and love! Cool

Best Regards,

Tony Wink Cool Very Happy

Thanks Tony.. That will come with time. I need to find my Mojo again..
LIAR #100
MacEggs
BBQ Super Pro

roxy wrote:
I need to find my Mojo again..

Dude ... stop staring at that email I sent ya ... Shocked Laughing Laughing Wink Twisted Evil

The cookers (so far).
Some Weber kettles of various age, color and size
UDS & Mini UDS
Abby Normal ECB
Napoleon Propane Grill
zski
BBQ Super Pro

I don't lurk or post hardly at all anymore, and not because I am tired of looking at everyones butts and racks. I dont have the time or access. I used to do almost all my posting and looking at work, but it is blocked now, and I have no time at home. With 5 kids and all their activities, no way. Anyways, I do miss this place and mostly I miss all the DELICIOUS cooks.

Traeger 075
jeepdad
BBQ All Star

Roxy, sorry to hear it brother. Prayers sent your way bro. Hang in there.

--Dan
k.c.hawg
BBQ Super Pro

Still love to Q, still jump on and answer a newbie question when I can but what was once a good 40 hrs of free time a week to do the social media and as I pleased has turned into more like 40 minutes in many weeks. As ckone said sometimes life demands a lot more of your attention. For the last couple of years that has been the case....hopefully one of these days we'll all be shouting out to each other a couple of times a week and posting things we have learned.
30" Masterbuilt Digital
UDS (Named Uddley by Mrs K.C.)
Weber 26.75 One Touch
Weber 22.5 Silver Touch
Weber Smokey Joe
Superfast Red Thermopen
Razorback born and bred!
Tony
BBQ Super Pro

MacEggs wrote:
roxy wrote:
I need to find my Mojo again..

Dude ... stop staring at that email I sent ya ... Shocked Laughing Laughing Wink Twisted Evil

Mac...I found Roxy's MOJO! Shocked Cool
It was Right where He left It, just under the Acorn cooker! All We need to know now is how to connect it back under his Canook Azz! Laughing Cool

Gotta' get that Boy back on his Barbeque feet Pronto! Wink

(Smile David...This One's for You,Brother!)

Best Regards,

Tony Very Happy Cool
Beertooth
BBQ All Star

Hey all,

Just checking in. I'm still here as well.

Been kinda lazy on the posting as of late.

Looks like it's time for some new years resolutions on the
Ring.

We should liven it up a bit around here... Very Happy
18.5" WSM (Stoked)
22.5" WSM
85 Gallon UDS
Weber Smokey Joe/Mini WSM
Cast Iron Cookware
24" Disc Cooker
Masterbuilt 40" Electric
Char-Griller Akorn
YardFullOfOak
BBQ Fan

roxy wrote:

If it is any consolation for you, please let me tell you that MY Swedish wife loves your apple-based sauce, mustard-based sauce and kicked-up slaw.

So please keep experimenting and keep those recipes coming!
Tony
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Jan 14 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

YardFullOfOak wrote:
roxy wrote:

If it is any consolation for you, please let me tell you that MY Swedish wife loves your apple-based sauce, mustard-based sauce and kicked-up slaw.

So please keep experimenting and keep those recipes coming!

^^^^^^^^^

What He Said! (There's no End to What He creates! Wink )

Best Regards,

Tony Very Happy
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

I havent been here near as long as many of you, but have seen the ebb and tide of the site. Polar vortexes have been around since the Ring [ and the earth ] started, it just didnt show itself in the same places as often as this year Shocked
This place fast tracked me to full time [ summer ] BBQ and I am greatful for it to say the least!!!, but our Wisconsin winters make outdoor vending a not so good venture, plus the LOOOONG hours put in during the summer have "burned" me out a bit - not entirely though!! 2 years ago I rented indoor space - employees, vendors and landlord made money, but not me..along with some drama at rental property.....so I didnt bother to continue...MY area just didnt have enough winter support, but spring turned ito a firestorm of Q- eaters!!
Both the Mrs and I dont crave the Q after eating it 6 days a week, 3 meals a day for 8 months straight! I really am looking forward to spring to get back at it hard and heavy come April 1 [ providing the snow is gone where I park my rig]!!
Another factor here is, there are now quite a few more area's for posting - so it doesnt look as busy in some area's as it used to, but folks are still burning something [ even EBO's ] and posting....just makes the old, main pages look watered down.
Jump in Chef, I'd love to see your butt[s] Embarassed
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Stainless

I'm not real active in posting. I usually just frequent the site and read up and save ideas as I see them. I don't consider myself a pro when compared to you guys so I just sit back and learn.

I don't cook as much lately because the wife and kids don't really eat it and with the way prices have shot through the roof.. I just can't make myself buy the meats unless it's a special occasion. I love the food but for whatever reason.. I enjoy cooking it too.
CrazyChef
Site Admin

Mr Tony's BBQ wrote:

Jump in Chef, I'd love to see your butt[s] Embarassed

Thanks, Mr. Tony - Here ya go!

Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

Good to see you are enjoying a variety of Butts.....Different flavor profiles and bark colors...variety is the spice of life Embarassed Looks like a couple could use a little more burn time though.... Shocked Very Happy
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: