FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sheep Casings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davejschultz
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 01 14 2:35 am    Post subject: Sheep Casings Reply with quote

Guys...need a little help. Been making sticks and sausages for a few years, but I can't seem to get around using sheep casings. What is the trick. I soak them for an hour and still cant seem to find an opening in the end to run the thing onto a stuffer horn.

For you that use them for snack sticks. What size casings, what size horn, any tricks?

Thanks in advance.

Char-Griller Trio 3030 / Masterbuilt 30 Electric / Webber One Touch Gold / Small BGE
Gray Goat
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 06 14 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheep casings can be a challenge and they are getting very pricey but I do prefer them. The smallest I will go is 20mm.

Since my fingers resemble sausages, I also struggle to start the end onto the tube. Thankfully my petite handed Daughter usually helps me. Laughing Laughing I have a 1/2" tube that came with the Cabela's speed stuffer and also fits my vertical stuffer.

The stuffer has two speeds and the small gear is invaluable when stuffing small diameter sausages. Stuffing sticks takes way more torque than these old shoulders have these days Sad

Home made offset
Weber gasser
Weber kettle
UDS
Large BGE
Masterbuilt 30"
worldcasing

PostPosted: Wed May 14 14 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

use sheep casings on tubes. send me a PM, I might have more extras.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Sausage Making All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: