FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

100 bbq plates for church fund raiser?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mwlovelace

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29 14 6:57 am    Post subject: 100 bbq plates for church fund raiser? Reply with quote

Hello, I have a request (sisters church) for a price per plate for Pulled pork, two sides, roll, and dessert? I'm not trying to break the bank on them, what is a reasonable price in the Carolina's? This is for a youth fund raiser in a rural area. I'm taking they want us to box these in styro with plastic utensils as well. Originally, she asked for pp, slaw, baked beans, and green beans. I told her she needed to leave enough on the bone to make a profit, so have her to meat and two sides with dessert. Drinks will not be included.

Just your opinion on a little meat for myself and them? I tried to coach her into boston butts instead, but she does not know if she could sale enough of them. Looking at a minimum of 100, could hit 150 plates.

Blessings, Mike
qfanatic01
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29 14 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike, I don't know anything about your business, but I see this as a marketing opportunity and not a for profit thing. We use youth fund raisers (church and school) as a way to give back to the community at the same time getting our BBQ into the mouths of future customers. We make our money off the grad parties and weddings the folks at these events will have down the road x10. I would do this event for the cost of the food. We end up doing maybe 4 to 6 such events a year and the returns have been very good. Folks appreciate your generosity and think of you when they are in need of some BBQ. I see these events as a win win. Just my input. Do all the food and let folks see what you can do!! Let the kids who are doing the fund raising serve the guests and help earn the money for their cause and then you only need to send the food out bulk. Less labor and packaging for you. Good luck.
Pkerchef
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29 14 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in agreement with Qfanatic. We also do many events like this in hopes of getting business down the road. We help locals and get to have some good times with them and they are very appreciative as many of them know nothing about cooking and serving 100-150 guests. Good luck . Pkerchef
8.5 x 18 Haulmark concession/ competition trailer
Mwlovelace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30 14 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After posting this last night, The Lord convicted me to do this for cost. Thanks for confirming His plan!

On a side note, how many pounds of pulled pork do you normally get into a 8 quart chafer dish?

Thank you
qfanatic01
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30 14 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2lbs per qt so 16lbs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Catering All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: