FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sausage Products

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inner10
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01 15 12:51 pm    Post subject: Sausage Products Reply with quote

Does anyone have a good source for sausage casings, collagen sheets, elastic netting and other meat curing and sausage making accessories?

I'm finding many sites online but they appear to be UK based. I'd prefer something in Canada or the US.

Cheers,

Kevin
suckaass
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01 15 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked out http://www.sausagemaker.com/index.aspx

They are based in Buffalo, NY, and should have everything you're looking for
ComradeQ
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01 15 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Sausage Products Reply with quote

Inner10 wrote:
Does anyone have a good source for sausage casings, collagen sheets, elastic netting and other meat curing and sausage making accessories?

I'm finding many sites online but they appear to be UK based. I'd prefer something in Canada or the US.

Cheers,

Kevin

U.S based suppliers won't ship organic material (ie casings, etc) to Canada. You can try Malabar Super Spice in Burlington ON or Canada Compound in Vaughan ON. Those are my two favourite, the other option (I find them very expensive to ship) is Stuffers out in BC. For small home making amounts of hog casing the best bet is a Longos, Sobeys, or Highland Farms, they always seem to have casings on hand for 2.99-3.99 a container. The sausage supply places I listed will also have hog casings but usually only sell by the hank, a lot of casing for a home producer. I usually buy my speciality casings/supplies from them and my regular hog casings from the grocery stores.
Inner10
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06 15 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks lads I really appreciate it.
Canadian Bacon
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06 15 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy all my sausage making supplies from The Sausage Maker out of buffalo....they ship Canadian orders on Tuesdays and will have your order in a couple days..
You will not be able to buy fresh casings....I get mine from Canada Compound ....they are close to me so I just drive over.....
You can always ask a butcher from your market to sell you some....heavily salted and stored in the fridge will last a year or more.
Napoleon Legend Gasser
20"& 26" Discada
Two of the fastest Thermapens ever made ... Black& Blue
LIAR #25
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Sausage Making All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: