FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Chicken & Ribs Quality Issue!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbqwoman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22 07 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for all the help, I find it amusing you guys got your feathers all in a ruffle. I am not a professional in the food industry, I am a business woman. I turned to this site, b/c I feel that person on the food end of it, is not as qualified as we where told. It helps to know there is a place like this to turn too, for some answers nobody knows but a professional. So again thanks, and any other info is greatly appreciated. I think the ribs issue is solved! For Now. The business is doing really well and we would like to continue that, and grow.
jbh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22 07 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> I am a business woman. I turned to this site, b/c I feel that person on the food end of it, is not as qualified as we where told.

Perhaps it's time to reconsider staffing. It's a business (and liability) decision.
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22 07 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck to you, and keep us posted! Very Happy
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23 07 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBQMAN wrote:
What type of restaraunt work do you do Harry- I don't recall............

I am the chef at a country club. So if it is food or kitchen related it is my responsibility. I am a working chef (Chef d'cuisine) not the figurehead type that hasn't been on the line in years type. (Executive chef)

I have been into BBQ forever, In the next 12-24 months I hope to have my own restaurant.
along with my 6-7 month country club commitments, I also do private small party catering for our more well-to-do club members by preparing food at their homes from black-tie dinner, to pig-pickin parties.

I get one day a year to do BBQ at the country club, they call it their mid-summer nights BBQ party.

an offer to anyone interested;
if there is any restaurant/professional techniques you would like to know or learn, just ask. and no it does not need to be BBQ related. I know there are plenty of people out here that have forgotten more about BBQ then I have learned yet, and that is why i am here too.

it is all about sharing knowledge, success & failures.
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23 07 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that is certainly cool- I figured you must be in the "business".

Under your profile, it lists you as a "consultant to the waste management industry"- nothing wrong with that, but not exactly (fresh) food related! Wink Laughing Laughing Ya might want to change that up a bit for clarification purposes (or not)......................As it stands, it appears that you are either Colonel of the Urinal, Queen of the Latrine, or something else less savory than a food proffesional! Wink

Good on you for getting the personal chef thing going- money to be made there! Very Happy
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26 07 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBQMAN wrote:
Well, that is certainly cool- I figured you must be in the "business".

Under your profile, it lists you as a "consultant to the waste management industry"- nothing wrong with that, but not exactly (fresh) food related! Wink Laughing Laughing Ya might want to change that up a bit for clarification purposes (or not)......................As it stands, it appears that you are either Colonel of the Urinal, Queen of the Latrine, or something else less savory than a food proffesional! Wink

Good on you for getting the personal chef thing going- money to be made there! Very Happy

You must not be a fan of "The Sopranos" if you did not get the "Waste management consultant" comment.

"I am a legitimate business man" "there is no such thing as the mafia!!"

too funny!!
manonlook

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30 07 10:11 am    Post subject: holding food Reply with quote

One of the ways to hold food safe is to have the product snap frozen.

Place it on the grill when the order comes through...no waste..good taste.

Small snap (Blast) freezer can cost aroung $4.000...worth the money.

Milanm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: