FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Duck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Other Meat Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaymus
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24 07 4:27 am    Post subject: Duck Reply with quote

I have a duck and was wondering if anyone had a recipe?

Edit sorry I didn't see the post below( I'm such a dumbass)
CJATE
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04 07 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wild duck is very lean, I have never smoked on.

best is to breast it out, cut into chunks, pound into medallions, bread and chicken fry. We will often cut into strips and chicken fry as an appetizer, served with honey mustard.

or, Brest it out, cut in to chunks, wrap in bacon, with pepper and cheese and grill, although, I would think you could smoke it this way, I have never tried,,,, perhaps I will.

If you bought a farm raised, you can smoke or bake in bag as you would a turkey.
lbuster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16 09 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta share this one -

Ingrediants - duck, apple juice, pinapple juice, grape juice, peppered bacon, fresh whole jalapenos, tabasco, cream or pepperjack cheese.

breast out the duck, cut lengthwise into strips about 1/2" thick, run through a cuber or place between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound thin to tenderize. Place strips in zip-loc bag and marinate with 1/3 pinapple juice, 1/3 welches grape juice, 1/3 apple juice & about 8 good shakes of tabasco sauce overnight. Cut whole fresh jalapenos into halves & scrape seeds out. Cut peppered bacon strips in half. Place cheese of choice inside pepper half, wrap with duck strip & then peppered bacon. Pin together with toothpicks. Cook over open fire or charcoal until bacon is done. Remove toothpicks and serve. OMG this is fantastic.

LB
basumarra1510

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22 10 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice recipe dude ......

thanks for the post ......

i have a duck too .....

i gonna try it dude ...............

Hyundai AC Condenser
badhabit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09 16 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very simple way to cook wild duck breast.
Season with Montreal Steak seasoning. Put on pre heated grill 375 to 400. Place on grill about 4 minutes per side. Remove from grill and let rest about 10 min. Serve like you would a steak. Should be a nice juicy med rare. Side that go with them are wild rice, sliced cauliflower grilled with balsamic vinegar drizzle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Other Meat Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: