FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vegetarians in a BBQ joint!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shotgun Petes
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29 16 4:28 am    Post subject: Vegetarians in a BBQ joint! Reply with quote

How many of you get vegetarians trying to talk you into changing your recipes (like my Pit smoked pork and beans) and also wanting you to add other non-meat entrees that I have never even heard of? It happens here more often than it should! While I do offer them my BBQ Nachos minus the meat and also have slaw and potato salad that's as far as I'm willing to go with it. It's a BBQ joint! We have a PIG on our logo for pete's sake! What are they thinking?
I am all about making money and catering to my customers but I'm not trying to be some tree-hugging hipster veggie bistro. LMAO! I don't serve salad either....that's what the food eats Wink

"If you can't BBQ with the Big Dogs, back away from the Pit!"

SHOTGUN PETE'S BBQ SHACK
28 N Ninth St
COLUMBIA, MO

(Downtown across from The Blue Note)
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 16 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We actually have a fair amount of vegetarians who come in, It is an offshoot of our very large "gluten Free" following.
we can take care of them, what we cannot do is Vegan.

Do we change anything; NO! There are plenty of non-meat choices on our menu for them to choose from.
Bringing pizza online here has been a huge boon to opening up our audience
BigOrson
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 16 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of toppings are you offering on those pizzas, Harry?
YardFullOfOak
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 16 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Nutczak wrote:
We actually have a fair amount of vegetarians who come in, It is an offshoot of our very large "gluten Free" following.

Do we change anything; NO! There are plenty of non-meat choices on our menu for them to choose from.

Vegetarian barbecue and gluten free pizza?

No wonder your "Come in - we are hiring" sign only attracts meth heads... Shocked
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03 16 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigOrson wrote:
What kind of toppings are you offering on those pizzas, Harry?

Both Classic Italian and BBQ meat choices

The 2 heavy hitter pizzas right now are our "Moo & Oink" that has chopped brisket, Italian Sausage, Whole-milk Mozz, Bacon, & White Cheddar Cheese Curds.

"The Chopping block pizza" gets pulled pork, Brisket, Smoked Chicken, Bacon, & Whole-Milk Mozz.

Since lent started, Our Chicken, Alfredo, Bacon is getting hit alot too

We do not offer a gluten free pizza, and there are no plans to ever offer one either.
Our dough is based off a sourdough starter that has been handed down through 3 generations starting with my great grandmother from Palermo Sicily
Bbq Bubba
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03 16 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not come in my BBQ joint and ask for vegan options and i wont come to your vegatarian restaurant and ask for a steak.
Northern midwest director for Operation BBQ Relief
Cat797
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04 16 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side effect of being in a college town Pete........That's where the hipsters hang out.
Weber 22.5 Performer
BigOrson
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05 16 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those offerings sound really good, Harry. I'd never think a BBQ raunt for pizza, but they sound tasty. You use leftovers on the BBQ pizzas, or stuff fresh off the line?
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05 16 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YardFullOfOak wrote:
Harry Nutczak wrote:

Vegetarian barbecue and gluten free pizza?

No wonder your "Come in - we are hiring" sign only attracts meth heads... Shocked

Seriously yard??? MEAT is gluten free, cheese pizza with veggies only is for veggie heads...Just HOW could ANYONE miss this??? Question Question Question Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

I personally 'guarantee' NOTHING to be either, and tell my customers so....BUT, have fed MANY with either issues without issue to date, Have even fed veggie heads their fresh picked shrooms [ cooked UNDER a butt accidentally] just to hear ' thats the best mushroom I have EVER eaten".....
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
FreebirdTPark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06 16 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put tofu under a butt once, and got the same response
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09 16 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigOrson wrote:
Those offerings sound really good, Harry. I'd never think a BBQ raunt for pizza, but they sound tasty. You use leftovers on the BBQ pizzas, or stuff fresh off the line?

Mostly Scraps, not really leftovers ,
You know when you slice brisket, you always get some shake off the edges, that scrap gets set aside for our chopped brisket offerings, our pizza, and we've been adding many dishes based on our fresh-cut fries that get chopped brisket & pork on them.

Edited to add;
Pizza and our wings has opened us up to a whole new audience that has shown an 80% growth rate year to date.
When I got this property, it had a 3-stack of Sveba Dahlen classic pizza decks with a value of $80K, I was not willing to let them sit idle and take up space.

Next goal; To dominate the delivery scene in this area, sell out, and retire until I get bored again.

I see a 2016 Road-Glide Special, Ultra with a quick detach tour pack in my very near future, that may keep me from being bored for a little bit, maybe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: