FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

electric carving knife

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qfanatic01
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05 16 10:15 am    Post subject: electric carving knife Reply with quote

Does anyone use an electric carving knife? Any input appreciated. I use my knives all day (Kramers and Shuns) but I'm going to need my employees to be able to slice all day. Our brisket sales are double our first store in the first 2 weeks and we could be at our 24 hour smoking capacity in short order. My food truck may be put into service just to boost production or possibly another food trailer with front and back smokers? Eventually I would like to add a smoke room at the back of the building as well. I knew this was going to be nuts!
RodinBangkok
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05 16 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used one for a while slicing our rye bread loaves, as they had a hard time cutting with the proper saw motion to avoid crushing the loaves. It worked quite well when you have untrained or new staff. So I'd imagine it would allow you to have someone at a lower level in your group do the cutting, as long as they learn how to hold it. We had problems with uneven slices at first if I remember right, might be the same for brisket.
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06 16 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used them for catering events with great success.
The most recent was slicing 120 pounds of tri-tip to order on the serving line.

I would not feel comfortable cutting brisket with one due to the sawing action will most likely tear apart the meat too much.

I use either a table scraper, or a hand with a nitrile glove on it to hold the meat down while cutting, it helps it from being torn up so my slices stay together when being served
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: