FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I spent more on product today than what I had to open...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15 16 11:44 am    Post subject: I spent more on product today than what I had to open... Reply with quote

My meat and dairy delivery alone cost me more than my entire budget that I had to open my first location.

That was just for my meats & cheeses, I still have produce and dry goods coming tomorrow.

So, I guess I succeeded., now who wants to take it over and keep this monster rolling?

$375,000.00 takes it all,
The property, and a turn-key business with no interruptions, you get my whole crew for a minimum of 1 month, then you can decide who you want to keep, and who you'd like to replace.

The Business Name, Logo, all equipment, the recipes, the reputation, I teach all my techniques and everything that I have learned.
You get 289 feet of lake frontage at the intersection of a Federal & State highway, living quarters upstairs, everything you'll ever need to continue with a successful business.
And if you love to hunt and fish, this is the place to be.

Peace Fokkers...........................
Pete-O the great

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16 16 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did almost the same thing you are doing now with my bar 7 years ago. Just got fed up and hung the for sale sign on it..... I regret it every single day. Take a step back and a deep breath.
Geronimo
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17 16 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete-O the great wrote:
I did almost the same thing you are doing now with my bar 7 years ago. Just got fed up and hung the for sale sign on it..... I regret it every single day. Take a step back and a deep breath.

Each their own...I sold my catering business the same way in 2012 (after 18 years) and couldn't be happier. Wink Laughing
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17 16 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to admit it, but it has gotten bigger than I can continue to handle. At some point every day this week, we had up to 45 minute wait times.
And I kept a tight menu with no major cooking on the line so we do not get backed up.
Today we had a line forming 35 minutes before opening, typically we only see that 15 minutes before we unlock the doors and fire up the neon signs

We've got 3 ordering stations,
two at the service counter, and another one around the corner specifically for phone orders.
They all have caller-Id interfaced to capture names/numbers, driver dispatch with integrated mapping, Laser barcode scanners for bottled beverages and merchandise 6 different prep, receipt, & card receipt printers.

I cook with wood, but have some of the best tech for ordering and cash handling in the area

The next step is to get a phone sequencer to take a little pressure off the crew.

I'd consider taking on a working partner if they are able to take a little pressure off me and their buy-in is not laughable.
Pete-O the great

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19 16 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you got yourself a rocking business there. Keep working on efficiency for yourself and your crew.
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21 16 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete-O the great wrote:
Sounds like you got yourself a rocking business there. Keep working on efficiency for yourself and your crew.

At this point, I just want out.
I've been delaying shoulder surgery that is going to put me down for 4-6 months
Pete-O the great

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22 16 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close for the winter for "remodeling & repair". Layoff the employees. Heal yourself and clear your mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: