FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why no builds?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smootz
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04 17 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dand78 wrote:
I don't get on as often as I used to. I hate the picture posting procedures so I keep my builds to my self.

Dan D.

I know what you mean. When I am posting regularly I get used to it but after a lay-off I have to re-train myself.

Would be nice to be able to insert a pic like some of the other forums I visit (not necessarily BBQ sites)
auto5man
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08 17 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get on as often as I used to either, but my pattern of forum use was definitely somewhat periodic...I got more involved when the weather got warm enough to re inspire my cooker build. My attraction to this site has always been the wealth of knowledge available on this cooker forum. I knew how to run a pit before joining, but I learned nearly everything I know about cooker construction theory right here. And mine has been built for a couple years anyway, and I've been cooking like a bbq fiend! Since then i havn't been on as much because I got where I needed to go....and honestly stayed so busy I had less time for forum surfing. Phase two of my build will see me get more involved on the forum again, whenever I get ready for that. Phase two will be more appearance than cooker function....railing, paint, fenders, etc. last week I had to have custom springs made because one of my old ones (the originals that came on the trailer) broke 75 miles from home. I was too scared to pull it, so I put her on the car hauler for the trip home and to the shop Shocked sure does ride so much better with new and heavy duty springs!

I'm rambling I guess, but so appreciative of all the advice and builds shared on this forum...directly from what I learned here I was able to get lucky and pull off a build on my first try, that I wouldn't trade for the world.

Hopefully the cycle will come back around and the forum will pick back up, but in the meantime it's good to see familiar names on. BBQ season is a'comin' after all, and there will be a new crop of aspiring would be pit builders to mentor. I think BBQ is getting ever more popular, not less!

This is still the best forum of them all, for those who want to learn to build their own!

Cheers!

Dave
DPP Clone Build in progress: http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65139&start=0
Wreckless
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09 17 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently limited physically in what I can do in the shop, I am thinking of seeing how Billy Bad Ass of a " Rocket Stove" I can fab. Hopefully somewhat light, back packable, some easy ass'y on site at campground or wherever. My Kiddo wants one. I'll post it when I figure out the design and build it.
az mike
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19 17 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We helped with the demolition of a local water company's old equipment. Included were several 20x 24x 1/4 cylinders and 1 16x 24 x 1/4. These were used with only water in them. I plan to elongate a 20" one with 12" x 1/4 plate to make a cook chamber and use the 16" one for a fire box.
I also can't get the photo thing going, I do for other forums that have a different format.

I like to force air into the fire box for hotter quick BBQ style cooks, poultry and such. I had a commercial size smoker that sold with the vending trailer so I've been waiting for a sign to build another--it came in the form of a bunch of free pipe!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: