FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roxy's S.C mustard sauce
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26 16 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huskers85 wrote:
Hello, May I ask if this sauce gives a noticeable mustard flavor?

I am looking to add something to my pork once its been pulled just to make it a bit more moist and maybe add a touch of flavor.

I am not a big fan of mustard flavor myself...........

Maybe i'm after a vinegar sauce?

Well, it is a mustard based sauce so it does taste mustardy but not like yellow mustard. It is altered a fair bit and IMHO is the best sauce to add to PP..

Give it a shot, if ya dont like it you have not invested much but you just might find you become a convert. nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Good luck and let me know how you like it.
LIAR #100
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26 16 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Two questions about Roxy's sauce Reply with quote

YardFullOfOak wrote:
roxy wrote:
Huey wrote:
roxy wrote:

I usually make the sauce when I smoke a pork butt so to be honest a batch is almost gone by the time I rub out of pulled pork. I would think that with the amount of vinegar that is in the sauce you should be good for a couple three weeks.

Uhhhh....I haven't been able to smoke as much as I would have liked this year (damned tornadoes), and still have a batch in my fridge from the Feb/March time frame.

Guessing that's past its prime, eh? Doesn't smell bad. Smile

Yeah.. I would toss it if it was me. Costs like what to make another batch.. Costs like what to get sick..?? Not counting all the yacking.

I store this sauce in the refrigerator for months.

(Bringing up an old thread - saw this post when I looked up the recipe to cook some sauce...)

You could be right but I do not want to recomend anything that might get some one sick. Just playing it safe.
LIAR #100
erniesshop
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03 17 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxy ,
We're still making this and Loving it !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: