FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pork butt recipe help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mncornfarmer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04 18 11:51 pm    Post subject: Pork butt recipe help Reply with quote

There's a wealth of knowledge on this forum so I thought I'd just ask here instead of scouring the internet for a rub I like. First off ill just share this is my second time smoking butts. The first time I read and read about injections and rubs and I settled on no injection since it was already pumped and the rub recipe we used I ended up screwing up. Called for 2 teaspoons of cumin and I used 2 table spoons. We caught the mistake before applying the rub so we did fix it somewhat and it did turn out really good but I can't seem to find or remember the recipe.

I'm using a traeger and and plan on doing 5 butts again they'll be pumped and am planing on eating around 2 so I figured I'd put them on around 9 or 10 the night before. The first time it took about 12 hours and I wrapped them the last 45 minutes or so to finish them because they stalled out. We will be serving around 40 people so I just want to make sure they get done in time and have time to rest before we pull the meat.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Pork Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: