FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insulated vs Non-insulated holding cabinets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Midnight Smoker BBQ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16 18 7:42 am    Post subject: Insulated vs Non-insulated holding cabinets Reply with quote

Im thinking about buying a holding cabinet and have noticed a big difference in price between the insulated and non-insulated ones. Obviously insulated would be a benefit but it is that big a deal and worth the extra grand?
For the record I have been looking at Winston CVAP, Aldo Shaam and Vulcan.
Pit Boss
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17 18 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you stated, insulated is obviously great. Back when I had a heated cabinet I was on a budget. I went with a standard uninsulated cabinet. The idea was that it could get me by until I saw a way to upgrade. The uninsulated model worked absolutely fine. I set my temp on 140 (didn't want it to get close to the 135 minimum), and it held there. Had zero issues with it. For starting out, on a tight budget, I would do it again.
The Midnight Smoker BBQ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17 18 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Buy the less expensive non-insulated until I can upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: