FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remembering Wreckless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G Spot BBQ
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17 18 7:12 pm    Post subject: Remembering Wreckless Reply with quote

Been a long winter up here and seeing as how most my free time is spent trying to catch fish through a 8" hole drilled through the ice on lakes that cover hundreds of acres I don't get much of a chance to use my favorite stick burner Wreckless.

Anyhow I took it out of hibernation a couple of weekends ago and threw on a couple racks of ribs and snapped a few pics.
This smoker is a real tribute to Mike.
I miss our occasional phone conversations.

This thing runs so smooth this is more fire than I need to maintain 250 for hours.

Getting close to done. They turned out great as everything does off this cooker. Thanks Mike!!

jess
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17 18 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He built some of the best thought out and innovative smokers I have ever seen. He is missed...
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18 18 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do miss my buddy. We had some great times on and off the ring. Mike would call for advice on something and I would tell him proper procedure and it would get quiet then Mike would say uhhh ok. Hence the tag he had in his signature for a bit " Sometimes you just need to ignore k.a.m." Rest In Peace Brother.

Hybrid Cooker
Chuck
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19 18 1:02 am    Post subject: Wreckless Reply with quote

Great pit builder hands down.Never meet Mike in person, i did tall to him on the phone allwas a good time. try like h.ll for him to paint one of his pits RED he told me no red paint in Texas.

Stilwell Chuck
TrailerBuilder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24 18 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, what you maybe didn't know was when Mike called he had already done it how he wanted but just wanted your thoughts. HaHa. The "Wreckless" way we called it. He would always call me immediately after getting off the phone with you and say "You ain't gonna believe what that f****r thinks I should do". Mike is greatly missed. I still have some text messages from him that I can remember the build and his thoughts during the time. Never a dull moment with that guy. Was honored to be called a friend by Mike.
jeepdad
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01 18 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear he passed. I hope he went peacefully.

--Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: