FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brisket pre-cook/ reheat question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brewsterb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12 18 5:23 am    Post subject: Brisket pre-cook/ reheat question Reply with quote

My wife and I are planning on having friends over this weekend for a Stampede bbq. I smoked a 12lb brisket over night, which turned out phenomenal by the way, because it’s the only day I have off before the party. Can this go in my fridge until the party Saturday or should I vacuum seal it all, freeze then reheat a couple of hours before dinner?
Snowsmoke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15 18 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would hold in the fridge just fine but I am no expert!

given that its now Sunday, what did you do and how did it turn out?
brewsterb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09 18 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up just wrapping and putting it in the fridge until the Sunday. When I reheated it, I put it in a foil pan added a little bit of thinned down bbq sauce, covered it with tin foil and heated in the oven at 250 for about an hour to an hour and a half. The flavour was nice, meat moist but a little over cooked. There were no complaints, but then again I am my worst critic. All in all next time I would really try to serve the day of the cook.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: