FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zeny stuffer initial review

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TaxMan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20 18 3:46 am    Post subject: Zeny stuffer initial review Reply with quote

BLUF: Looks like a great piece of equipment from a home gamer point of view, but I think it may be a factory second from a larger company like LEM.

Long version:
It looks like it's been a couple of year since a stuffer has even been mentioned here, so I thought I'd mention the one I most recently bought.

"Zeny," 11LB stuffer off of Amaon. Right now it is $117.oo + $19.99 shipping and handling.

It showed up a little over a week after I ordered it, and looks like it may be either a knockoff or second from a manufacturer like LEM. That's just going off of the mediocre Google results I got when trying to find pictures of the different brand's products.

When I got it, it was packed well enough:

First glimpse shows a LOT of stainless. It all looks like a commercial kitchen gadget with the ground welds and reasonably thick (about 16G) steel.

Taking a closer look, the first thing I had to do was take it all apart! As it turns out, the gears are all metal, as promised in the description. In fact, the only thing I found NOT metal is a portion of the cranking handle and the feet on the bottom of it.

Even the bushings inside of the gear box are metallic. Something yellow, probably bronze!

Yesterday, I pulled it apart to wash it before inauguration by stuffing 5.5lbs of brats. It comes apart easy enough and is very easy to clean.

I did notice a few issues when I pulled it apart, however. The first is the plunger looks like it may have had a repair done to it at some point and there are a few pits inside at the very bottom of receptacle. Nothing I think would be a huge issue, but it will need a little extra attention during cleaning or spray sanitizing.

I can't believe how easy it made life, coming from a grinder stuffer attachment! The two speed situation was a lot more useful than I thought it would be, and the little valve that lets air out seems to have worked reasonably well. That is to say that I didn't get MORE air into the sausage spiral than I usually do, and what was in there is probably more due to inexperience than equipment error.

After stuffing everything, I pulled out the sausage that was left in the bottom of the hopper and weighed it and came out with 8.3OZ left in there, not including what was left in the tube, so there's not much left unstuffed.

I don't feel like I'm walking away from this deal with a sore wallet and nothing to show for it, and for someone sniffing around for a stuffer, this may be an option for you that you haven't heard of before!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Sausage Making All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: