FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZZQ in Eagan, MN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigpappa1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25 19 1:53 am    Post subject: ZZQ in Eagan, MN Reply with quote

I wasn't sure what to expect from this place, but it was outstanding. I had the two meat plate with brisket and pulled pork. First off, I envy his rubs. Quite frankly, their better than mine and I wish I could copy them straight up. Great smoke flavor and bark on both pieces of meat. Very tender and juicy, though I got the impression from the amount of liquid on my tray that he was "cheating" just a touch by dipping or drizzling the meat before serving. I could care less if it's "cheating" if it's delicious, which it was. Also you get a great amount of food for your money. He's not shy on the serving size. The sides were equally as good. I had the beans and slaw. The beans were as good as any I've had, but I'm not huge bean guy. If they're good, I'll like them. Once they reach that level, they're kind of all the same to me. The slaw though...much more vinegar based and light than slaws I'm used to. It was great. I'm actually going to shoot for making a slaw like that for myself, I really like the way it presents, tastes, and fills out. My co-worker had the ribs and chicken, both of which were also equally amazing. I'm not much of a food critic, so sorry if I don't have all the proper descriptors in there, but just trust me: it's worth your time and your dollar.

On Fridays I usually tell people I'm going to smoke something this weekend. They tend to get the wrong idea...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: