FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets needs a BBQ Pit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve-O
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25 05 6:28 am    Post subject: Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets needs a BBQ Pit Reply with quote

Anyone know of a company or person that might donate a very large Pit to the Corps or give them one at cost? Anyone have a very large old pit they want to sell cheap? It would be tax deductible. Email Myron or PM me if you have any info. Thanks in advance!

Myron Lind wrote:

Myron Lind <mlind06@tamu.edu> wrote:
Howdy Knight parents-

For those of you who don't know me, I am Myron Lind, a Junior History major from Leander, TX, and Commander of N-1 for '05-'06. I have also had the privilege of serving on the BBQ chain this past year. I am writing in regards to the BBQ chain and request your help with an important issue for next year. Hopefully for those of you who visited during a football weekend or at Parent's weekend you were able to attend one of the outfit BBQs. The pit we have been using for the past two years belongs to one of our graduating seniors, Jay Rayburn. During this same time, the BBQ chain has managed to raise about $800 through profits to buy another pit. Unfortunately, all of the pits we have been able to find that fit our needs are usually over $2,000. My father has also looked into building one for the outfit, but this will cost around $1,500. I am asking for help finding a replacement for this fall or we will be hard pressed to continue holding our famous BBQs. (For those unaware, our BBQ chain won the Corps competition for best BBQ back in March.)

Respectfully-
Myron Lind '06
CO designate
N-1 Knights

Travis_Creek
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27 05 10:07 am    Post subject: Cooker Reply with quote

I sent him an email and got no reply. Did they get a smoker allready?
Steve-O
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28 05 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw him this weekend. His parents are having one made. If we can raise $1800 to pay for it, then it will belong to the N1 outfit. If not, then N1 will use it this year and next. Then we'll be looking for another smoker. Long way of saying yes. Now it's the parents challenge to get $1800 together...and we're well on our way.

Thanks!

PS: He is the company commander of N1. He was busy this week. I expect him to get back with you unless he thought your email was spam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: