FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Polder dual sensor probe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jackson
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16 07 6:31 am    Post subject: Polder dual sensor probe Reply with quote

I just bought one of these and was reading the instructions just to see what they had say. Well it says when using in a smoker do not use as a continuous read thermometer, use only as an instant read thermometer.

What is that all about? I thought you could leave these in the meat and just read it as it cooks?
JimH
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16 07 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember anything like that in the instructions but I was annoyed to discover that to turn it off you have to remove tha battery. This is the model I have:

Big Mike
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16 07 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Polder dual sensor probe Reply with quote

Jackson wrote:
I just bought one of these and was reading the instructions just to see what they had say. Well it says when using in a smoker do not use as a continuous read thermometer, use only as an instant read thermometer.

What is that all about? I thought you could leave these in the meat and just read it as it cooks?

Horse pucky!

Using it as a continuous read may lessen its lifespan though compared to using it as a instant read.

Eagle River BBQ
CBJ
Stumps Platinum 5 Trailer
Smokin Tex ST1400
Chargriller Charcoal Grill
Members Mark 8-burner Gasser
Jackson
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16 07 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THanks so much for yalls help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: