FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sauage Stuffer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bones

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18 07 8:42 pm    Post subject: Sauage Stuffer Reply with quote

If a I have a meat grinder with the sauage stuffer attachment what would be the advantage of buying a hand sauage stuffer? Do the hand sauage stuffer do a better job?

Bones
JimH
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18 07 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it does a better job. It's faster & does not change the texture of the sausage. I have the Kitchenaid stuffer & a Krups grinder with stuffer attachment both turn the sausage to mush when you stuff with them.
c crane
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18 07 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please let me know if i have been doing it wrong--i was taught to cut the meat in small pieces, add and mix the spices,cure, etc. (add a small amount at a time and mix really well), then run through the grinder and stuff at the same time. then let cure in the casings overnight and then smoke.

i've been doing this and it seems to work fine and the meat is not overground as i like mine coarse.

i do have a stuffer if i start with meat already ground.

again, let me know if you think this is wrong or if anyone else does it this way.
Texas-Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18 07 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c crane wrote:
please let me know if i have been doing it wrong--i was taught to cut the meat in small pieces, add and mix the spices,cure, etc. (add a small amount at a time and mix really well), then run through the grinder and stuff at the same time. then let cure in the casings overnight and then smoke.

i've been doing this and it seems to work fine and the meat is not overground as i like mine coarse.

i do have a stuffer if i start with meat already ground.

again, let me know if you think this is wrong or if anyone else does it this way.

If your sausage is coming out the way you like it, Its not done wrong. I personally don't care for a coarse sausage links nor do I want it pulverized to mush...

Also Bones, a good stuffer will cut sausage making time almost in half..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Sausage Making All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: