FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bending a door
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrailerBuilder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08 12 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QTEX wrote:
Quote:
A welder buddy says that plasma wont warp them but I've seen some of his and it does a little too.

Anytime you have a rolled piece of metal and you cut a notch out of it, chances of it making your simple door project a nightmare are way to high Laughing I think even if you use a dull butter knife to cut out your doors, if that metal wants to go somewhere other than where it needs to be, its gonna! Laughing Laughing

k.a.m. wrote:
Quote:
I like black high temp RTV for a final seal on doors that are troublesome. I will add that being liberal with the grease will actually hinder the drying of the silicone. There was a member a while back that ended up with a mess and once he backed off the grease he ended up with a nice seal.
Also let the door weight do its job, if you push down on a door that is sprung the silicone will pull back causing spikes. I just ease the doors down and walk away.
I hope this helps. Smile

+1

Wreckless wrote:
Quote:
A light coat of P.A.M. and do like k.a.m. Cool

+2 Enough said Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: