FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Penzeys BBQ 3000 or any other penzey rubs, not spices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClayBBQ
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20 08 9:54 pm    Post subject: Penzeys BBQ 3000 or any other penzey rubs, not spices Reply with quote

I love penzeys, we have a retail store here in Detroit. My question is, has anyone used the BBQ 3000 rub from penzeys? Give me your opion of it, BTW they also have every kind of spice you can imagine and have over 250 on display which u can smell and taste. It is wild!
captain_tinker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03 09 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, I'd like to know too. My sister has a store near them in Texas, but nothing up here in NorCal, only in SoCal. She sent me some of their cinnamon, and some smoked spanish paprika. Oh Wow! Loved it! So I just today ordered some of the Chili 9000 mix to see how it is, as a lot of what they put in it is what I would put into my own mix anyway, with some additions. And since I liked the other stuff so much, I am hoping that this will turn out really well too. If anyone has any experience with it, I'd love to know.
OwenStubbs
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26 09 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a Penzey's fairly close to home. Love their stuff. Cajun spice is fantastic - perfect blend of kick and flavor, not at all overwhelming on the kick.

Do not recall any generic BBQ spice... I'll pick some up next chance I get.
Stouffer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06 09 5:12 am    Post subject: BBQ 3000 Reply with quote

I get most of my spices from the Penzey's in Pittsburgh. I really like the store and being able to smell their blends before buying it is really useful.

I have the BBQ 3000 and I've used it more on grilled items (pork tenderloins, chicken breast, etc.) more than I've used on smoked items. I have done spare ribs and then sauced them. I enjoy the flavor. It's been a little while since I've used it, but I think it's worth a try especially if you like some of their other stuff.

I really like their Chicago Steak Seasoning, Turkish Seasoning, and Southwest Seasoning on meats, and their Sandwich Sprinkle on veggies.

I hope this helps a little bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: