FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smoke ring weight loss thread, who wants on the chart?!?!??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26 09 11:09 pm    Post subject: Smoke ring weight loss thread, who wants on the chart?!?!?? Reply with quote

ok so i am tired of having my beer gut. I started my weight loss routine at 244 @ 6' tall. I have done this several times, and then lose my motivation to late night cravings and crappy work out routines.

My buddy and I have found some supplements and kickin in the p90x vids. We wake up early, drink 2 scoops of no explode(vaso dialator) pre training powder. work out hard for close to an hour, then go for a run. Come back eat some good proteins, then off to work. About 45 min before a good healthy lunch, Pop 2 recreate pills. (lipogenic thermogenic). then an hour before bed pop 2 venom lean dreams (lipogenic / sleep aide).

The supplements are helping with cravings while giving the added energy ya need with a high protein low carb diet. We drink about a gallon of water a day to help fill full and help to keep the supplements from building up.

So in 2 weeks, back down to 232 (sure a lot is water weight gone). feeling much better. 5 month goal is 205.

once I hit 195 after my goal is reached I am switching to a higher carb, for more energy to start muscle defining. anyone want in on a little weight challenge??? no prize just helps to motivate each other.

and yeah i know my sentence structure is equal to a 2nd grader on this post, but I am still sweating and breathin hard from the morning workout.
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)

Last edited by polock on Sat Jun 27 09 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
XtraCheez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27 09 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to take the challange.. I am 6'4 and 232lbs. I have musle tone but need to rid myself of some slight "love handles". Tell me where you get these products. Wink
INmitch
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27 09 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started this week also. Dr got on my case pretty bad Tue. Sugar has been creeping up the last year or 2. He said if I don't get my sh!t together I'm going to go on meds for it. Anyhow I'm 5' 10" & 310 lb. I'm finely listening to the wife and starting to eat healthy & keeping the calories down. It's gonna be a long road but I'm gonna do it. Damn I hate working out. I'll throw my hat in on this one.
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27 09 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys wanna do a real list, I'll keep up with it. Pm me if you want to be on the list. I'll put it on all a chart with our user names, Height, Beginning weight and BMI (body mass index). Then pm me your weight every say Friday and I'll post em up on the chart. Then if someone is seeing great losses from someone else, we can give each other advice along the way. No prize at the end but just better health. Lets shoot for a 90 day track. Lets try to get 10 ringers atleast.

I still plan on bbq'n every weekend so don't let that be your excuse.
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27 09 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

massnutrition.com is the cheapest place I have found for mail order supplements. They beat the pants off of GNC and Vitamin shoppe prices.
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27 09 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I need this bad!

I'm in my mid forties, 5'10", and just hit 160! Confused Shocked

Never been this heavy in my life (no kidding).

I love beer, BBQ, and most of all BREAD. I'm an eatin' machine for a little guy.

Guess I should cut back on the carbs......................... Crying or Very sad
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27 09 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well bbqman, you need to start a pump up thread lol. my buddy is the same way, drinks eats pizzas by the pie and not by the slice, and is right at 165 5'10"
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)
SierraScott
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27 09 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in it for dropping pounds! no work outs and no pills... Just a knock out diet and good food!

I'm 5'7" and weigh 190 lbs.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Custom Built Upright Smoker
Weber One Touch Silver 22.5"
CharBroil Silver Smoker
Old Smoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28 09 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing to keep in mind, get a good nights sleep, watch when you eat as well as how much, keep stress levels in check. I triend an experiment on myself because I wanted to get my cholesterol and blood pressure down. At the time I started this I was working 8hrs a day 5days a week and my daughter was in her teens and spent a lot of time with her friends so my wife and I set limits on how late we or I should eat,made it a point to have a salad every day which I useally had right when I got home from work instead of raiding the frig. I cut out soft drinks,sweets,fast foods and when I wanted a snack I'd get out a box of Frosted Mini Wheats and munch on them. Still had a beer when I wanted and got 7hrs of sleep at least . Dropped from 213 to 150 in less than a year. Blood pressure and cholesterol went down to normal limits. After 4 years of this,my daughter got pregnant and her and her family,includeing the babies father live with us,my hours went to 4 ten hour days ( 5:30 - 4:00) and business has been rough. Now I get maybe 4hrs. sleep,eat after 8:00pm field everyones daily woes and have broken all set patterns,I'm also back up to 200lbs in a year. So watch your entire life and not just calories. Exercise mind as well as body and stay focused.Oh by the way,I'm 5'10 and 57 yrs old so imagine how I'm goint to handle getting back on my regime.. Laughing
LIAR #29
------------------------------
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01 09 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtracheez....... 6' 4" , 232lb, BMI 28.2

INmitch...........5' 10" , 310lb, BMI 44.5

BBQMAN..........5' 10" , 160lb BMI 23

Kirspaculous.....5' 7" , 190lb BMI 29.8

Old Smoker......5' 10" , 200lb BMI 28.7

Polock..............6' 0" , 235lb BMI 31.9

Leevis23............6' 1" , 218lb BMI 28.8

bama harley .....5' 11", 205lb BMI 28.6

AR....................6' 0" , 180lb BMI 24.4

This is from a calculator we use at work. LETS TRY TO GET 4 MORE PEOPLE!

Normal BMI Range is 18.5 - 24.9
Overweight BMI Range is 25 - 29.9
Obese BMI Range is 30 or Greater
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)

Last edited by polock on Thu Jul 02 09 7:35 am; edited 4 times in total
leevis23

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01 09 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get in too. I have been working out intermitently for the past 7 months. I am currently 6'1 and 218 lbs, down from 255. BMI is about 28%
morick
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02 09 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmi calculator
http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm
bama6977

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02 09 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been watching this....count me in....just don't say we can't eat BBQ. 5'11''@205.
AR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02 09 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in. Not really sure how much I weigh, probably about 180. 6'0". Would be a 24.4 BMI. Body fat % would be another good stat. I don't have a problem with the weight, just need to convert the beer gut to some muscle. I'll get some solid #s tomorrow.
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02 09 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i will do is if you guys want i will post weekly numbers, if ya don't change no biggie. going on vacation starting sat for 11 days so it will be a bit before i can update into a chart form
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)
XtraCheez

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02 09 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

polock wrote:
what i will do is if you guys want i will post weekly numbers, if ya don't change no biggie. going on vacation starting sat for 11 days so it will be a bit before i can update into a chart form

Good.. Cuz I have a BIG cook planned this weekend and my BMI might end up going up after its over.. But It will be Soooo worth it. Wink
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02 09 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, i hear ya, and i am not lookin to make everyone go balls to the wall on this, just hoping that a few good players motivate others thats all.
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18 09 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hit 228 this week
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)
ohiogsp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18 09 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man can I still get in? I am in bad shape and need some motivation. 6'1" and 325lbs.
bama6977

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18 09 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polock, welcome back hope the vacation was good....down 7# great. I am holding at 205 on Friday, but somedays 200, others 203. Water weight ?? Got to get my butt to the gym more and cut out the beer and wine. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: