FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

resturant owner ribmasters !!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ribmaster500

PostPosted: Fri May 19 06 10:48 am    Post subject: resturant owner ribmasters !!!!!! Reply with quote

hello everyone my name is david spivey. i live in tyler tx. i have opened a bbq resturant here i. have been open for 13 months now .the name of my place is called ribmasters. so far we have done real good we have had people come as far as 80 miles to get our ribs. but i have a question will there every be a time when we will level out in sales or will it always be up and down thanks for any help
mding38926
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 19 06 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats..............sounds like things are going good.
Texman
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat May 20 06 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: resturant owner ribmasters !!!!!! Reply with quote

ribmaster500 wrote:
will there every be a time when we will level out in sales or will it always be up and down thanks for any help

This is a dilemma we’ve been through (up and down erratic sales), especially when starting out. Even when you feel it has leveled out then comes weather factors, other area event factors etc that affect anticipated volume. Other non-bbq restaurants have to deal with the same issues.

Never risk quality in carrying over bbq to the next day (multiple days) if it is not representative of what your goal is. Poor quality left over bbq will turn customers away and put a negative word on the street for your establishment. We learned to peel these meat items off, donate them to area food needs, at full retail price, with a confirmation slip to turn in with our tax return, which comes off of your taxes.

Brisket and sausage quality, with carrying them over is generally easily handled and maintains its quality.

Ribs, pork chops, chicken and steaks are a different issue and must really be eyed with care, and are where we got and now randomly get tax credits. Based on our estimated daily needs we fully bbq our meat estimates and partially cook a reserve batch that may quickly be finished if the run starts increasing. Partially cooked meats items eliminated most of our issues, because it is then moved up to the next day, with a new reserve in waiting, if not used that day.

Hope this helps and good luck
ribmaster500

PostPosted: Sat May 20 06 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you got it figured out too texman yeah we smoke our meat everday except our brisket and sausege ribs are our main goal thats what we sell mostley brisket will hold good for days if stored properly and so will sausege not to say we forget bout our brisket and sausege though but good ribd r hard to find and we r really building a good name for ourself on ribs
kjwalker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 28 06 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let's have some rib secrets! Laughing
Home of NCAA Football in China
Host of Shanghai Chili Cook-off
adolpho
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01 06 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey David,
Whenever I go to Shreveport for some gambling, I usually stop by one of the Bodacious Babecue joints and get me some ribs. They used to have really good ribs, but the last time I was out there, they were not as good as I remembered. I need to make a stop in Tyler and check your place out. PM me the location of your restaurant. I should be making a trip in July or August.
ribmaster500

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05 06 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adolpho wrote:
Hey David,
Whenever I go to Shreveport for some gambling, I usually stop by one of the Bodacious Babecue joints and get me some ribs. They used to have really good ribs, but the last time I was out there, they were not as good as I remembered. I need to make a stop in Tyler and check your place out. PM me the location of your restaurant. I should be making a trip in July or August.
pm sent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: