FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What about steam???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14 06 10:52 am    Post subject: What about steam??? Reply with quote

Ok-, Ill be the first to admit I dont have alot of knowledge on smoke and meat. My Dad always had a pan of water over the coals as he cooked to keep "the meat from drying out" OK I dig this theory but I work in a business now that makes heat radient flooring and snow melting equipment. So could a guy adapt something like that to steam/smoke his grll-bbq smoker and get the best of both worlds???
Positive and negative feedback appreciated-
Gary
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14 06 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too sure about getting real high tech with it. But the first thing that popped into my head after reading your post is.... How is your BBQ now?
Like my Dad always told me "if its not broke, don`t fix it" Laughing Lots of ways to add moister to BBQ. Bacon strips, mops etc....
I keep a squirt bottle handy with 50/50 of apple juice and apple cider vinegar and give it squirt now and them if its looking a little dry.
Gary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16 06 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it aint too bad about being too dry. This is not the first time I have heard the apple cider & Jack on this site. I just wondered. I am a machinist and that is close to an engineer (not really) but I do have a tendency to over analize things. You should see the drawings I have of a bottom fired smoker/steam/grill I hope to build. Altho I could go to K-mart and buy a Chinese version cheaper (Dont get me started), It cant hurt to dream. Thanks for the reply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Grilling All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: