FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beer can chicken minus the can....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Chicken Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Prickly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31 10 5:46 am    Post subject: Beer can chicken minus the can.... Reply with quote

First off, let me say I gotta learn to take pics when I do stuff....
Anyway, wanted to do beer can chicken on the grill last weekend, but the weather turned nasty on me. So I rummaged through the cabinets and this is what happened. Took a six pound chicken, injected it with a tequila/garlic/lime juice/butter/cajun spice mixture......buttered and rubbed with a cajun blend. Plastic wrapped it and put it in the fridge for a couple hours. Found an old bundt cake pan. Stood the bird up on the cone of the cake pan. In the bottom of the pan put chicken stock,beer onions and spices. Set this inside one of those throw away alum pans. Poured a can of brew in the alum pan, then set the whole thing in a 350 oven. Cooked for a little over three hours. Every 45 minutes drizzled with olive oil and dusted with cajun spice. Took out and wrapped in foil for 15 minutes till the rest of the meal was done. Skin was potato chip crunchy, and the juice just sprayed out when I cut into itt. Bundt pan chicken....the only way to go!!!!!
CliffC
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31 10 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent and ingenious Exclamation You're right , you do need to take pictures when you do something like that Very Happy .
So what part of Maine is "the God forsaken middle of nowhere" actually in?
Mr.Prickly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31 10 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So what part of Maine is "the God forsaken middle of nowhere" actually in?

It's actually found in Illinois !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Chicken Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: