FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Veggie Side Dish

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTermite

PostPosted: Fri May 27 05 1:05 am    Post subject: My Veggie Side Dish Reply with quote

I've never tried it on a grill, but don't know if it would really make a difference, but my friends rave about this dish (which ironically I just whipped up on a whim for a side dish one night with no real "plan").

The spices are actually from a recipe for Chicken Marsala from Emeril that I got. Here is the spice mix, Emeril calls "Essence".

---------
Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
----------

Veggies:
3 or 4 tablespoons of Essence (or to taste).
2 or 3 Zucchinis, chopped into about 2" pieces
1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped wide chunks)
1 Orange Bell Pepper (chopped wide chunks)
1 Yellow Bell Pepper (chopped wide chunks)
Handful Snow Peas
1 small bag baby carrots (about a handful)
Few tablespoons of butter
About 1 cup chicken broth

Get large pan (I use my wok) and preheat (med-high) and add butter until melted.

Add carrots and snow peas and move around so as not to burn, but just soften a tad.

Add Essence and other veggies and do same, stirring around so as not to burn. Only do this for about 2 minutes.

Add chicken broth and let broth simmer down stirring veggies occasionally. Cook until veggies are desired consitency. I like them where just on they are "just" verge of soft but still have a little bit of crunchiness left in them.

-------------

As you can guess pretty much all ingredients are interhcangeable....I probably make this a little different each time I make it, but this is the basic recipe. You may exchange other veggies you like better, or even just wing the spices with a mix that seems best to you.

Hope you try and enjoy! Smile
Steve-O
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01 05 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bet you could throw some onions in there with the carrots.

Thanks for this idea. We normally have cole slaw and beans as sides. This veggie recipe will work great and break the monotony. I've got a great grilled corn recipe I'll post later on.
KingTermite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01 05 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try it with onion and let me know.

I love onion, but for some reason, I always had a gut feeling that onion wasn't right with the dish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Other recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: